ying

Hi! i have just bought this corsair memories:

http://www.corsair.com/cmt6gx3m3a1866c9.html

And this is my hardware:

I7 920 (no oc)

Asus rampage III extreme

POV GTX 480

Corsair HX850

And my problem is that i can't boot the PC with the stock specificacions from the ram, what i mean is that i power on the pc and the screens stays all the time in black. In the motherboard i can see that the DRAM1 LED is on, so the problem is coming from the ram.

What i tried is to low the ram frequence (the system boots correctly) or to increase QPI (VTT) to 1.425 (and the system boots correctly too), but when overclocking the cpu (4,ghz = 21*200) i can't get the memories stable with 1600 mhz or + (already tried to up the vtt to 1.48 and nothing).

Anyone know whats the problem? i bought this ram because i wanted to overclock my cpu but can't get the ram stable, what should i do? now i have the cpu overclocked to 4,2 ghz and the ram is set to 1200mhz (VTT = 1.44) and the system seems stable with 20 passes of lynx.

Any solution? i think 1,4 of VTT is high, right?

Then it's just the CPU topping out. You will have to either take your RAM running at 1866 or your overclock but both isn't going to happen. Or you could lower your RAM frequency and try getting more out of the CPU.

I would load setup defaults then enable XMP which will put your RAM to 1866mhz. Then try upping your BCLK untill it is unstable again. Then lower it a bit to regain stability.

Then it's just the CPU topping out. You will have to either take your RAM running at 1866 or your overclock but both isn't going to happen. Or you could lower your RAM frequency and try getting more out of the CPU.

I would load setup defaults then enable XMP which will put your RAM to 1866mhz. Then try upping your BCLK untill it is unstable again. Then lower it a bit to regain stability.

Hi! in the xmp mode i can start the pc because the 1.25 vtt (from the xmp profile) seems to be too low for my system :S

Then the only solution will be to have my system without oc and the rams at 18600 (1.425 vtt) or to have the cpu at 4.2 ghz and the ram at 1200 right?

Then the problems is from the cpu, but with my old ram's i didn't noticed this type of problem :S.

Archived