Corsair Community

2 Corsair parts for new build need to be RMA'd!

Ca1ibos

I recently finished my first build. Lots of Corsair products within. I have gotten very unlucky and it seems 3 parts of the build need to be RMA'd 2 of which are Corsair products.

Now I could RMA them all to the reseller in Germany (I'm in Ireland btw) but I would be without a PC for God knows how long (2-4 weeks) As well as a gaming machine this PC is used for my college coursework. I sold my old PC to my brother so if I RMA everything together I have no working PC at home.

The non Corsair part that needs to be RMA'd is an MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II graphics card that is running 90-100ºc under load. I can RMA this with the reseller and still have a working PC for college at least, by using the integrated graphics on the i5 2500K/Z68 mobo.

However if I RMA the Corsair HX1050 PSU which exhibits loud Coil whine at bootup, 3D gaming (....and moving the mouse in a browser window!!!???) or if I RMA the H100 cooler which is part of the bad batch (not exhibiting the fan controller problems yet though) but which has a loud pump which sounds like constant HDD read/write.....well obviously RMA'ing those means no working computer while they are gone.

So I was wondering if there is anyway I can have a hold put on my credit card for the cost of the PSU and H100 cooler and be sent one of each in advance. Then when I receive and fit them, RMA the bad parts and when Corsair confirm they are bad they can release the hold on the credit card.

That way, I can then RMA the graphics card to the reseller and still use the onboard graphics to be able to use the PC for college while the discrete graphics card is being RMA'd

If this was at all possible I assume the Corsair RMA centre in the NEtherlands would be the one to use?

How do I go about initiating this process if it is possible?

• Corsair Employees
Yes you can but you will need to contact our customer service once you have the RMA# and on the H-100 I would try and move the system on its side and see if the noise changes its common for them to be noisy at first till the air is worked out of the system.

Well, I tried the PC on its side for a day. Didn't work and the pump is as loud as ever and guess what?? Now that the PC is right way up again the Fan Controller issue has reared its ugly head(Mine is from the bad batch). Checked all cables, checked fans on the case controller and they are fine but the fans do not spin when connected to the pump unit and there are no lights on the pump unit and the button does nothing. Any second thoughts I had about the pump noise issue and maybe trying to to live with it to save the hassle of an RMA are gone. This thing is definately going back now!

Do I submit the RMA request on the website and who do I contact with the number to discuss the credit card hold and replacements in advance of RMA discussed above?

Hold on a minute. Are you people saying that we have to pay shipping to send back a defective product. Does this not get refunded??

I was thinking about RMA'ing mine because of a loud pump. I followed ramguys suggestion about laying the case on its side for a day to let out air (how does the air excape from a sealed system anyway??). Didn't solve the pump noise issue and guess what?? Now the fan controller stopped working!! Mine is from the bad batch. So trying to solve one of the problems this unit is infamous for precipitated the other problem the unit is infamous for!!

They pay for shipping the replacement to you and you pay to ship the original to them - unless local laws supersede the warranty policy of course.

Also, when he said "escape the system" he didn't mean it would actually leave the tubes. He just mean that they'd all settle at the top of a curve and not go through the tubes anymore, thus stopping the noise.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived