Corsair Community

Defective Parts Not Yet Received???

ghostie29

Hello Corsair.

Long story short, my RMA was issued to me on 09/27/2011 and I shipped out my PSU on 09/28/2011. After tracking my package, it states that my package was delivered on 10/05/2011 at 13:13pm and signed by LI at the dock. When I check my RMA status with Corsair, it states “Defective Parts Not Yet Received”. Can someone please look into this? I have sent two e-mails to customer service and have received any reply to date.

The system the PSU is from is relatively important to my business. I need to bring this system back up asap. Unfortunately I do not have a replacement unit and did not request an advance RMA.

The RMA Number is: 1257106

The Case Number is: 2290030

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but you will need to contact our customer service I would suggest it be done by phone with your tracking conformation and they will take care of you. I have sent them a message but they may not understand what you are asking for so calling them is your best option. You can get the number under Contact on the main web site.

thanks RAM GUY!

I contacted customer service and explained to them the issue.

They said they will send me out a new PSU by end-of-day today and I should hopefully have it by end of the week.

If customer service stated I will be getting a new unit, does that mean it’s still a refurbished unit or is it actually brand new?

So I just received my brand new AX1200 psu from Corsair.

First off let me say the shipping was fast which is a huge thumbs up.

The bad news is that this brand new replacement unit is even nosier than the first one I originally purchased! I don’t know what is going on.

I have been reading through the forums to see what other users have to say, and I have gone through all the necessary troubleshooting tips given.

The one suggestion everyone mentions is to make sure the noise is not coming from any other components. I know for a fact that it is the power supply because I used the 24-pin/paper clip trick while testing it. Basically I just plugged the psu into different sockets around my house with just the 24-pin connector plugged in and got the same whining noise each time.

I am starting to believe that the first unit I purchased was actually one of the revised models which had the loose coil fixed. I am afraid to even attach this unit to my system because I can already tell the noise will be unbearable.

What else can I do to try and fix this? I have been waiting 2 weeks for this unit and now that it finally arrived I don’t want to have to bother myself with the hassle of RMA for the second time.

• Corsair Employee

Have you tried it in your system yet? And does it make the same noise?

Are you using a battery back up or APC? And the Coil wine was fixed a long time ago before when it was first released. Actually I am calling you now!

Archived