Corsair Community

Using PC4000 in A8V?

Shaner182

I have just begun to order pieces for my new desktop, and spent most of the day trying to research and answer to this question unsuccessfully... I have ordered the A8V deluxe mobo. I know that you suggest using TWINX1024-3200XLpro (2-2-2-5 ($350)), but I've been told that is possible to plug higher DDR ram and that the Mobo will slow it down to the max it can run. My question is if I were to buy TWINX1024-4000PRO(3-4-4-8($285)), wouldnt i be able to use the bios on the A8V to turn the latency down? If possible, would it be the same or close to performance? and would the pc4000 or the pc3200 have more of an Overclock potential? System being built: FX-53 939 Asus A8V Koolance PC2-650BU Water cooled case AntecTrueBlue 480W X800 XT

[quote name='Wired']XL is the exact same as XL PRO in terms of the memory itself, the PRO just has perty teeth, err.... lights. :)[/QUOTE] Have any of you had problems with that memory? It is not listed in the qualified vendors on the asus site. i want to buy too, but i am afraid that it won't run properly.

Archived