Corsair Community

TR3X3G1600C8D ver 3.2 with TR3X6G1600C8D ver 3.2A

giusemanuel

Hi,

I'm taking the Rams corsair dominator 1600 CL8 6Gb with code TR3X6G1600C8D ver 3.2A.

Currently I have mounted the corsair dominator 1600 CL8 3gb by code TR3X3G1600C8D ver 3.2.

I wanted to know what this what distinguishes the two sets of ram, as well as the fact that one has a 3GB and 6GB is no difference, they seem almost identical!

I ask this as I was considering whether to mount them together, or if you remove the kit of 3Gb...

I know that are very 9GB, but if I can mount them, why don't mount them?!

Excuse for my english, i'm italian!

Thanks

It's never recommended to mix kits, even if they're the same part number / version number. Never recommended to mix sizes either. Since they haven't been tested together there's simply no way to guarantee they'll work together.

• Corsair Employees
Its just a different BOM or Build but still based on the same memory IC. But as mentioned we do not suggest mixing sets like this even two sets that are identical may not run at full speed together. If you do the next lowest speed grade would be suggested.

Its just a different BOM or Build but still based on the same memory IC. But as mentioned we do not suggest mixing sets like this even two sets that are identical may not run at full speed together. If you do the next lowest speed grade would be suggested.

ok, but what mean 'BOM'?

Archived