Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB slow write speed

Chillzor

Hey everyone

I recently built a pc, and after some stability tests came performance tests

Im fairly new to the magical world of SSDs, but i think something is wrong with mine, ATTO is reporting a sub par read speed and a very slow write speed, at least compared to other people's reports here and on other boards

What could be the cause? Im pretty sure the drive is connected to a sata3 port (boot message seems to be reporting so) but i never secure erased the disk, i just slapped 7 on it

Firmware is 1.2 (not sure if that matters)

I've attached my ATTO report

Thanks for any answer!

ssd.thumb.jpg.1fe18aee3aa5b8cbbb57a71b2c47a65f.jpg

I was under the impression that the firmware update was only meant for stability problems, and if i had none i wasnt supposed to update it?

Most of the report i've seen were from people with the drive on 1.2 also, so is this the best solution?

I was under the impression that the firmware update was only meant for stability problems, and if i had none i wasnt supposed to update it?

Most of the report i've seen were from people with the drive on 1.2 also, so is this the best solution?

Yes, that is correct. Don't update the firmware unless you're having problems with the drive.

Your system looks like it's using the Marvell controller ports, possibly with powersavings enabled.

Try plugging the SSD into the Intel 6Gb/s ports and test again.

Dont update your SSD's FW if you your PC is stable!

*Is your SATA port set to AHCI?

*So you have new pc build. is your OS from old system or is it clean install?

*Is your MB BIOS updated, and is your MB drivers(Chipset,SATA,LAN,..) uptodate?

*Have you tryed to find that 1st port and use different SATA-cable?

ps. i have 2 of this in RAID0 and both have 1.2FW so thats one reason why i belive its not it.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Apparently i made the horrible mistake of connecting it to the Marvell controller, checked the motherboard manual (wich also suggest not to connect boot devices to M1 and 2 and i missed it, doh) connected to port 0 and now im getting the very respectable speed of 510 write 550 read :D

Thanks again!

edit:

One last bit of question, i plugged my Caviar Black into the Marvell port for testing sakes, should i just put it back to an Intel sata3 port or even a sata2 port wont matter?

My results were almost identical to chillzor's... I'd been messing with it for quite some time and then came across this thread. I have an ASUS P7P55D-E Pro motherboard, and as far as I can tell, I've only got 2 SATA III slots and they are both Marvell ports. I bought the MB a little over a year ago... Am I completely screwed? I'll need a new motherboard in order to enjoy the speeds of my hard drive?!

This is frustrating... Who know that when I bought my board I would get the SATA III that sucked balls

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Apparently i made the horrible mistake of connecting it to the Marvell controller, checked the motherboard manual (wich also suggest not to connect boot devices to M1 and 2 and i missed it, doh) connected to port 0 and now im getting the very respectable speed of 510 write 550 read :D

Thanks again!

edit:

One last bit of question, i plugged my Caviar Black into the Marvell port for testing sakes, should i just put it back to an Intel sata3 port or even a sata2 port wont matter?

Cheers, glad you got it working ::pirate::. Great speeds!

I'd choose an Intel port. SATA II/III won't matter as your drive can only handle ~100 MB/s which both SATA II/III can handle w/o problems.

Archived