Corsair Community

Carbide 400R Build

Nahaz

Put together my wifes computer tonight all sitting snug inside a 400R case. I have to say that this case has plenty of room. It's also quieter compared to my 650D. Still waiting on some fan screws for some extra fans I have ready.

Overall I am happy with how her computer turned out. Sitting at 4Ghz at the moment :biggrin:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/Zahan/400R.jpg

How is the distance between the front panel connectors to the motherboard? It seems like its really far away since the ASRock front panel pins are pretty much at the back of the case. :/ I can see you managed to connect it back there but is the cable stressed or is it long enough? cheers.

How is the distance between the front panel connectors to the motherboard? It seems like its really far away since the ASRock front panel pins are pretty much at the back of the case. :/ I can see you managed to connect it back there but is the cable stressed or is it long enough? cheers.

The one that looks like it's stressed is the audio cable (Bottom Left) It's just the awkward angle that can be seen. I was actually going to pull the HD Audio and other cables together a little and cable tie them.

Most of the usual connectors such as the 24 pin power, are on the outside of the board. The Corsair TX750M PSU reaches all spots easily. My only gripe about the PSU is that the cables don't have much flex in them which is why some of them might looked stressed.

The CPU Cooler is a Noctua NH-C14. Yes it's a monster of a thing and no the RAM doesn't get hot at all.

Thanks for the comments guys, and BTW - The wife absolutely loves the new computer. It's so quiet I have to check that it's still on sometimes.

The one that looks like it's stressed is the audio cable (Bottom Left) It's just the awkward angle that can be seen. I was actually going to pull the HD Audio and other cables together a little and cable tie them.

Most of the usual connectors such as the 24 pin power, are on the outside of the board. The Corsair TX750M PSU reaches all spots easily. My only gripe about the PSU is that the cables don't have much flex in them which is why some of them might looked stressed.

The CPU Cooler is a Noctua NH-C14. Yes it's a monster of a thing and no the RAM doesn't get hot at all.

Thanks for the comments guys, and BTW - The wife absolutely loves the new computer. It's so quiet I have to check that it's still on sometimes.

Thanks man!

I was just confused about how the front panel I/O connects to the motherboard..

I was thinking of getting an Asrock instead of Asus, since the price differential is huge.. I dont plan on doing extreme overclocking so I think the 8+2 power phase is a nice touch.

Great to hear that its so quiet :D

Thanks man!

I was just confused about how the front panel I/O connects to the motherboard..

I'm using the lower ASRock Extreme3 Gen 3 Motherboard which doesn't have firewire or USB3 for the front. What I did was leave the FireWire disconnected and used the adapter that comes with the 400R so you can use the USB 2 connectors.

ie - just turned the USB 3 front panel into USB 2

That's one of the wires you can just see on the lower left just above the PSU. (The Middle Connector)

Archived