Corsair Community

Failed 650D Fan Controller Causes Pump Failure in H100

distronic

Basically my title says it all. I surmise that the fans stopped spinning on my 650D which brought the coolant to about 100*C to the point that my computer shut off during the night. I later found that my H100 pump is not working. This happened yesterday so I will be waiting for Corsair to contact me tomorrow. I am hoping I can get a replacement in before the GeForce LAN 6 event this coming weekend.

I should note that the fan controller does not work on the LOW or MEDIUM settings. Just the HIGH setting in which my fans were not operating during the time of failure. Additionally, during the past week, I noticed that the plate around the fan controller switch was very hot. It was weird. It wasn't like that when I first got it. In fact, it was only hot when the setting was on low but not on high. Maybe the resistor burned out or something.

Did you connect the 3-pin connector coming out of the pump to the fan controller?

If so, then this is why. The 3-pin connector coming out of the pump is for the CPU_FAN connector on the motherboard. That only gives out information from the pump. And if you plug it in a fan controller well something like this would happen.

Thanks for the link guys. My only problem with that being "free" is that this part is what I would call "defective" and ordering this part through the web site means I have to pay for shipping. Besides, I don't know if this fan adapter will fix my problem because I never did have a buzzing sound, but now its just not working.

• Corsair Employees

The H100 Pump gets its power from your PSU and the fan controller on the case should have nothing to do with that.

If the pump on your H100 is not working then please use the link on the left and submit an RMA, if the Fan controller is not working another RMA request would need to be filed for the Case.

The H100 Pump gets its power from your PSU and the fan controller on the case should have nothing to do with that.

If the pump on your H100 is not working then please use the link on the left and submit an RMA, if the Fan controller is not working another RMA request would need to be filed for the Case.

@RAM GUY,

Thanks for your feedback. I have submitted a separate RMA for each issue. What I am trying to convey in my opening post is that first the fan controller died on my 650D. Because the fans attached to the H100 were connected to my 650D fan controller, CPU temps then shot up to ~100 degrees Celsius. I don't know how the pump would have handled that but maybe that is what broke the pump in the H100. My H100 fans were connected to my fan controller so that I could control them without having to reach inside my case while the computer is on (or need to shut down my computer) just to change the fan speed of the H100 fans. Perhaps once I get my H100 back I will just leave it connected to its intended fan headers, but I'd really like to just keep it on the 650D fan controller.

I really like the product and wish I could get it back sooner.

Archived