Corsair Community

Need Help with a Corsair Gaming Build

First off id like to say hi to everyone and thanks in advance for taking the time to view this thread.

Right then on to the good stuff im looking to build a gaming system and need some help picking parts, id like the system to be made up mostly of Corsair components.

So far the only components i have chosen are the Intel i7 2600k Processor and the nVidia GTX 580 GPU.

Budget is £2000/$3100

Main priority is gaming with battlefield 3 at max being the goal.

Thanks for any help and will provide more information if needed.

After looking around a bit heres some things im considering.

Motherboard

Gigabyte Z68X-UD7 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3

or

Gigabyte G1 Sniper 2 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3

PSU

Corsair Professional Series AX850

Case

Corsair Graphite 600T Midi Tower

or

Corsair Obsidian 650D Gaming Midi Tower

OS

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit

Cooler

Corsair Hydro H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

or

Corsair Hydro H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Optical Drive

LG BH10LS30 10x BluRay-RW / 16 x DVD±RW Drive

HDD

Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive

Processor

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge)

GPU

MSI GeForce GTX 580 OC Twin FrozR II 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

I am unsure about ram

I had about the same setup in mind when I was upgrading. Now I did (except for the GPU)

-the Z68X-UD7 is high-end but unless you use smart with a SSD it won't have much to offer you for gaming. I have the UD7 and the cheaper versions also do the job, some even quicker.

- obsidian 650D: love this case. I modded it a bit but overall the case is really good.

- PSU: I have a AX750 which has the advantage of having only modular cables. 850 should be enough for future sli setups

- CPU-cooler: I have a noctua nh14-D and I would switch to the H60 of H80 if I had the money (and the wife's permission)

- The i7-2600k is a great cpu with nice oc-potential. if you don't need the hyperthreading you could as well go for the i5-2500k which is almost the same cpu minus the HT-technology. I use a 2600k just because I try some 3D stuff now and then.

-The GPU, some of my friends have it, and they say it makes the case temperature rise quicly. So the air in the case heats up and in their system that air is used to cool the cpu. So cpu gets hotter too. I would opt for a gpu that vents at the back of the case. like the EVGA GTX580 Superclocked. You can even get a backplate for that one which looks good too :)

- RAM: I have the corsair vengeance low profile 8GB kit. the regulare vengeance would look cool with the corsair cooler though.

Archived