Corsair Community

XMS 3202 memory version question

enigmad

Hello: I posted a problem a few days ago regarding my Dell 8300 running 4 sticks of Corsair PC3200 DDR 400 RAM (TWINX1024-3200 C2PT). If I run these in pairs (2x512),computer boots with no prob. When I run all of them together, (4x512), the computer will not boot. After taking out the old Corsair sticks, I noted that the version of the old memory is XMS3202 v1.1. My new Corsair modules are v3.1. Could this be the reason why the computer will not boot? Can I exchange my old modules for newer ones? Thanks, Mark

Unfortunately the i875 chipset doesn't like it when you mix things up like this. If you tried RMAing the older revision for newer ones there is no guarantee you would get the newer revision, you may just get the same one back. Your best bet is to go back to the reseller you purchased these from and see what he can do for you.

• Corsair Employees
I think Gorgo gave you the choices! And indeed with this chipset all of the modules would need to be exactly matched! Sorry! So either we can try and replace the older set under RMA in hopes of getting a newer revision. However, we do try and replace the modules with the same revision as you send in so I would mention that you need a specific revision on your RMA request! Or if you can find another use for the Rev 1.1 and just get another set to match what you have may be another choice as well!

That's is really nice of your retailer. [quote name='enigmad']I spoke to my retailer who is going to take back the older revision memory and replace it with the newer revision. I will let you know how I make out- thanks for the response![/QUOTE]

Archived