Corsair Community

Another Failed H100

Audrieu

So after a couple of days of installing my H100 i get the usual (or so it seems now) no profile lights on the fan controller, just the bottom right hand corner lite up with erratic fans. Got in contact with tech support and got an RMA underway. I have to say my RMA turned around in about 5 days after shipping it out (might have arrived quicker but I was out of town) which is really quite good.

Installed the second H100 and on the second time my computer was booted low and behold the same error. Two failures in a row is making me really nervous there will be any sort of long life in an another replace and in general is really annoying, there goes my weekend of gaming, but I have let tech support know hopefully an RMA will happen. I have asked for an advance shipment on this replacement unit so i can keep operating for a while, and a paid postage on the unit going back - I really don't think that a customer needs to be forking over extra money, especially when it comes to shipping back a unit that was sent out as a replacement for an RMA, if I have to pay it might be cheaper for me to buy a new fan!

Well never had an issue with Corsair products before this one, but this is a downright failure. Time to see if there Customer Service is up to scratch...

What is the batch number of your product? I've had two do the same thign as well with batch number 11309403, which is different from batch number listed in the sticky by yellowbeard

And why is it that when you ring customer service they say the product is on recall, yet on here tech support says it isn't? - go figure.

What is the batch number of your product? I've had two do the same thign as well with batch number 11309403, which is different from batch number listed in the sticky by yellowbeard

And why is it that when you ring customer service they say the product is on recall, yet on here tech support says it isn't? - go figure.

Yeah that is the batch number from my second unit not sure which batch the first one is from.

Yeah that is the batch number from my second unit not sure which batch the first one is from.

One other thing I'd be interested to know is what your pump is now spinning at. Mine is spinning at either 3792rpm or 4041rpm - twice the rated speed and has only done it since the fan profiling stopped working.

Interesting -

I bet there is an underlying issue with this batch as well. The trouble is though that it is being IGNORED by Corsair. I sent a PM to Yellowbeard outlining my observations and failed to even get an acknowledgement.

As for RAMGUY, well that's like a lucky dip really, RAMGUY is actually the whole tech support department so the RAMGUY you deal with today could very well be a different RAMGUY who answers you tomorrow. All you have to do is look at some of their responses to work out that there are certainly some within that department who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

I'll give you a couple of examples from this thread where quite clearly the issue is not addressed by RAMGUY.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=97433

I have just purchased this unit in Australia fine at first then and then after a day it has the same problem. Tried resetting nothing. It is one of the fan controllers on the pump unit that seems to be at fault it is revving up and down. Have tried other fan on case side cover and you can see it slowing down and revving back up. It is so noisy. I think Corsair need to do a recall on this unit and give us or money back. I faulty unit but it seems to be a big problem

That is a Fan issue please request an RMA and explain the fan issue and we will send you new fans!

I could have sworn that in the above post I read that the fan controller is at fault, and that one of his owns fans when plugged into the controller is also ramping up and down. So how come it's a fan issue RAMGUY?

Another....

i got the same problem now. it works perfectly for 2 weeks but now after a restart the Pump got 3500-3800 RPM (2000 RPM previously)and the Fans going up and down... REALLY annoying.

I just tried the firmware reset:

Holding down the button

-> Power on system

-> lights blinking and stopped after a few seconds ...

-> now the 2 highest levels are shining and the guy blinks.

-> restart the system

-> got still the same problem

did something wrong?! please help ... it is so annoying :(

Please try the fans one at a time and see if its just one of the fans causing that problem, if so request and RMA and explain its one of the fans and we can replace them.

What will replacing a fan fix, certainly not the pump that is going at twice the speed, nor will it fix the failed fan profiling that has happened to many of us.

and last but not least, something I really struggle with

The 4000 RPM is the PUMP and that is not uncommon depending on the BIOS settings, (should be set to DC-Fan). But if the fans are revving up and slowing down when its sitting Idle, then I would like for you to use the link on the left and request an RMA and then let me know the case number before you send it I will contact you with instructions.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the 3 pin from the pump that gets connected to the CPU fan header a single wire that is connected to no 3 of the four pin motherboard header. And isn't no3 the sensor wire. Pin no 4 sets the speed does it not?

Yeah, I think this might be another bad batch. it is interesting reading these forums there is like 3 different approaches to restarting the firmware.

I just hope is it not a total error in the model, but I am gettting the feeling that the firmware is not solid.

One other thing I'd be interested to know is what your pump is now spinning at. Mine is spinning at either 3792rpm or 4041rpm - twice the rated speed and has only done it since the fan profiling stopped working.

Just wondering if I'm missing something... your pump is spinning at that speed.. or your fans are spinning at that speed?

Thanks.

Just wondering if I'm missing something... your pump is spinning at that speed.. or your fans are spinning at that speed?

Thanks.

Yes, the pump is spinning at that speed. It has also been reported by others that once they have a fan controller failure the pump also spins up faster.

As I have no alternative I am forced to use the failed H100. The fan controller is stuffed. And stuffed in EXACTLY the same way as the previous one.

Two headers dead, one header spinning up and down, 1 header operating at 100% - and the pump operating at either 3792rpm or 4041rpm.

So four fans running off a separate controller and awaiting my 2 H100's from Corsair to replace the 2 dud one's. However, I am pretty sceptical at this stage and hope like hell they don't fail again.

Interesting -

RAMGUY is actually the whole tech support department so the RAMGUY you deal with today could very well be a different RAMGUY who answers you tomorrow. All you have to do is look at some of their responses to work out that there are certainly some within that department who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Well that is certainly disconcerting. I like the design of Corsair's products but if we can't get the support we need...:evil:

• Corsair Employees

distronic,

I resent your remarks about us as a team and I really don't like it at all. But if you have a problem with Tech support and or Ram Guy you are welcome to call in and ask for Ram Guy on the forum you will get directed to one person and that person is me and I will be more than happy to help resolve any issue that you feel needs to be addressed... I am not in the office today but I will be available tomorrow if you would like to call in.

Audrieu

Your issue is a controller issue and if resetting the firmware does not solve the issue then I am sorry but you will need to submit an RMA. And I would suggest you ignore the posts from others who do not understand the issue as posted about the H100 and apparently many don't quite understand it. While I think they are genuinely trying to help they may not be helping at all!

RAM Guy, thanks for the reply. I had updated my original case with details that the replacement unit had failed, but I have gotten no response since I submitted it. I submitted my second RMA request today. Hopefully support will read my previous messages about advance shipment and paying the postage for the unit going back.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, got my third H100 delivered from the RMA process on friday. Got it installed and so far so good. Have had a weekend without trouble (considering the others failed in under a day and 1 hr of installing this is a good thing). I will keep my fingers cross that this was my last issue.

Archived