Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-6400C5C compatibility issue with MSI 785GT-E63

JasonGar1974

Let me trying posting this in the right spot now. I recently acquired a MSI 785GT-E63 motherboard and at the same time a set of TWIN2X4096-6400C5C. With the memory installed the computer will not post so I have no way of checking the memory. I've enclosed a snip of the board specs from MSI and one for the memory as well, as far as I can tell they should be compatible. Is the memory DOA or is there another issue anybody knows about? Thanks for the help.

1118436810_BoardSpecs.JPG.2d011dd2fd7985c8563951468c4ab3b2.JPG

682785619_MemSpecs.JPG.525dc3cbcd4508046f3db48ed5ed8ca7.JPG

Try booting with just on stick first. If it does boot then set your timings and voltage manually and then run both stick through memtest86+ individually in the first slot. If you have a module that is failing this will point it out. If they BOTH fail then i would look for some other issue. Maybe a DOA mb.

Should have included this sorry. I have tried both sticks one at a time and get the same result whether I'm running one or two. I've got older memory that is DDR2 PC6400 as well but the latency is slower (another reason for wanting this to work) that I can put in and it works just fine. I even tried running the Corsair in one bank set and the older memory in another bank, same result. The only common denominator is the memory.

Then it sounds like either the MB or the CPU is bad. The chances of both of the memory modules being bad is slim to none.

Do you have any other memory that you could try in that MB? I don't think it will make any difference, but it's worth a shot. Or have someone else with a DDR2 system that can test the modules for you?

Archived