Corsair Community

Mac OSX upgrade tool for Force 3

dancautella

I tried it with Bootcamp Windows 7 64bit. From 1.2FW to 1.3.2 but it doesn't work. After a rescan of the drive it's still on 1.2.

Is there a Linux boot cd to update?

Hello all.

I bought today a SSD FORCE 3 240 GB for my Macbook Pro 15 - Early 2011. I saw here, that have a firmware upgrade, but for MS Windows Plataform.

Have or will be have a tool for the firmware upgrade for the Mac OSX?

Reagrds

I tried it with Bootcamp Windows 7 64bit. From 1.2FW to 1.3.2 but it doesn't work. After a rescan of the drive it's still on 1.2.

Is there a Linux boot cd to update?

What problem exactly are you encountering? Run us through the steps you are taking.

What problem exactly are you encountering? Run us through the steps you are taking.

I have a corsair Force 240 GB in my Mac Pro 2009. I boot into Windows 7 with Bootcamp and Update the firmware with Update Tool. After the update Prozess it still shows 1.2 as Firmware und after a rescan of the drive too. So the update tool does nothing. Strange is at the update prozess i get disconnected with my wlan.

I had the same with a ocz vertex 3 under Windows but it works with the linux boot cd from ocz to update firmware.

That is very strange, so the update utility appears to work but when you check the firmware version after it still says the old version? Do you have another system that you can use to update the firmware?

If not you can RMA the drive but make sure you backup all the contents first.

That is very strange, so the update utility appears to work but when you check the firmware version after it still says the old version? Do you have another system that you can use to update the firmware?

If not you can RMA the drive but make sure you backup all the contents first.

Yeah exact like you said .Yesterday i tried to update with a HP Workstation XW8400 but same here.

Still on 1.2 after updating Firmware. How i do a RMA or first what is it ;).

thx for answer.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is there a roadmap of whether or not this is coming?

Other manufacturers are releasing Mac firmware updaters the past couple of months.

For me it's totally out of the question to remove my iMac's screen, optical drive and SSD to do a firmware update. I'd also have to find somebody with a PC that was set to AHCI to actually do the update.

It would make so much sense to use my system that already has the SSD in it, and has AHCI support with no hacking inolved, to do the update.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

matt

• 6 months later...

Archived