Corsair Community

HX750W faulty?

ryancomics

I was attempting to upgrade my graphics card from an HD4850 to an HD6950 and needed to increase my power as a result. When I connect my new HX750w my monitor receives no input what so ever and my system powers up for a moment then cuts out and re-powers itself mantaining power the second time. All lights and fans work but no image is ever displayed on the monitor. After reinstalling my old 460w power supply that came with my HP Pavilion e9280t everything works fine. I have tried the Corsair power supply multiple times making sure the connections are tight and it passes the paper clip test. Is the HX750w power supply faulty or not compatible with my system for some reason?

I was attempting to upgrade my graphics card from an HD4850 to an HD6950 and needed to increase my power as a result. When I connect my new HX750w my monitor receives no input what so ever and my system powers up for a moment then cuts out and re-powers itself mantaining power the second time. All lights and fans work but no image is ever displayed on the monitor. After reinstalling my old 460w power supply that came with my HP Pavilion e9280t everything works fine. I have tried the Corsair power supply multiple times making sure the connections are tight and it passes the paper clip test. Is the HX750w power supply faulty or not compatible with my system for some reason?

Had the same problem with the HP desktops I own and have worked with.

There seems to be a voltage limit the motherboards of these oem systems can accept.

If your motherboard is the The IPMTB-TK (Truckee) motherboard that lots of HP desktops use I can confirm to you that the Corsair HX650 works with it as I have installed this power supply on the HP desktops I can also confirm the the Corsair CX600 works with them also the Corsair TX series for some reason have failed each time I have tried to use them. Good Luck

Archived