Corsair Community

Corsair Force 3 GT & Windows 7

LatinUnit

Hello guys,

I've just ordered a Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK Force Series 60GB.

I would like to know how long will it take to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my ssd, someone said it takes like 20 secs to install but i dont believe it, I've never had a ssd before. Also the bios settings prior to installing the ssd like ahci and raid 0 I dont quite understand

Thanks

It will take upwards of 30 minutes for a complete install of Win 7. It could take as short as 20 seconds for windows to bootup, but I am sure it'll take about 1 minute to boot.

A 60 gb SSD for your boot drive is going to be too small of storage space, imo.

Good Luck.

When you installed the SSD and installed Windows 7, how did you tell Windows to use another drive for programs and data?

For your data drive did you use your previous C drive that had the programs and data already on it?

If so, did you then have to reinstall your programs and tell them to install on the new data drive so that they essentially just reinstalled over themselves in order to get Windows on the SSD to have registry items correctly pointing to the programs that are on the old data drive?

I'd agree I'm using a Corsair V64 Nova 64GB for a boot drive using Windows 7 64 bit There is about 38GB empty

When you installed the SSD and installed Windows 7, how did you tell Windows to use another drive for programs and data?

For your data drive did you use your previous C drive that had the programs and data already on it?

If so, did you then have to reinstall your programs and tell them to install on the new data drive so that they essentially just reinstalled over themselves in order to get Windows on the SSD to have registry items correctly pointing to the programs that are on the old data drive?

When you install applications the install software will ask you where do you want to install it. To do this the Installer may have a "Standard Option" and a "Custom Option". Select the Custom Option to tell it where to install.

For drivers: It is better to install it on the SSD itself.

Archived