Corsair Community

Short in cord

erebuss

My HS1 has a short in the cord now, I get no sound out of the left speaker unless I move the cord next to the headset and hold it there. This is the second time I've had something break with this headset and I've already RMA'd it once and paid to send it back, this is ridiculous.

2nd RMAs are paid shipping both ways. request an RMA and in the comments section put your 1st RMA# in and specify its the 2nd RMA and you would appreciate a prepaid label to return.
Only if the 2nd RMA is within a certain time period do they pay for shipping both ways.

I sent in the RMA request and let them know this was my second RMA, gave them the number from the first one, and the date. They sent me the RMA request and I got an RMA # and label to send my headset in, no prepaid though. I'm not gonna bother sending it in, it cost me $20 to ship it last time, I'm not paying another $20 just to fix a headset that should have been fine for the $90 I paid for it. Not to mention, I can't exactly be without a headset for 2 weeks while they send me a new one. This headset has just been a pain, I'd rather spend the $20 and buy a cheap logitech headset that won't break on me every few months. (or the second I take it out of the box)

I am sorry but please contact them again if your previous RMA was less than 90 days ago they will take care of the shipping.

I submitted my previous RMA on July 7th, exactly 3 months before this one, unfortunately, that is 92 days. Am I just out of luck?

I contacted customer support again, and I just got a message back saying:

This message is to inform you that Technical Support advises that you request an RMA for your support case. We have investigated your support case in detail, and have deemed this to be the best course of action.

Investigated it in detail? They didn't even answer ANY of my questions. Am I gonna get a prepaid shipping label? Am I going to be able to get an advance headset? This is getting to be more trouble than this headset is worth.

• Corsair Employees
I suggested that you call them by phone the Tech Support Express system is mostly automated, IE there is little to no Human intervention. And the Automated system cannot provide pre-paid shipping Labels. You will need to speak with a live person for that. Sorry!

Archived