Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B with Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

rikos.k

I just bought a Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B with a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard and I get endless reboots (cant get past POST) . I tried raising the voltage to 1.6V and each module separate. I could not find that motherboard in the memory configurator. Is it a compatibility issue ? What should I do ?

Need more information. Is this a brand new build? If not, did the old ram work fine? What exactly were you doing and did you get an error message? Did you get a beep code? Please go over each step of the process in detail including beeps, error codes or messages.

It is a brand new build. It does not boot. It gets to the screen with "hit del to enter bios etc" and immediately reboots. Just the normal 1 beep sound of the PC when it starts and then reboots. When I remove the RAM it beeps constantly. I have done the following steps and every time the exact same thing happened.

1. Removed 1 of the two modules

2. Removed the other module

3. Tried to both 1600 and 1333 ram bus

4. raised the voltage to 1.6V and disabled legacy USB

5. Used XMP profile 1

I dont have access to any DDR3 ram to try it. The only other M/B I have access and tried it on (for around 2-3hrs) is an Asus P5QC witch would boot, but freeze during gaming and memtest found errors. This M/B is a hybrid P45 DDR2/DDR3 and supports up to 1333, so I don't really trust it.

So, I shouldn't be worried for any M/B incompatibility problems ?

No, the Vengance modules were designed and tested on the Sandybridge platform. So no need to worry about that.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your MB. Clear your CMOS and try booting with just one stick in the first slot and see if that lets you boot normally. If that works shut down and add the second stick.

Archived