Corsair Community

Corsair 400R Busted Fan LED

Hi,

I am new here in the Corsair forums. I frequently visit this message boards, but this is the first time that I will post.

I am from the Philippines. Just recently, I bought a Corsair 400R case. The setup was a breeze and I got my system ready after 1 to 2 hours including cable management and a coffee break. After a week, I noticed that one of the front fan LED is not lit. I removed the front panel and checked if one of the front fan LED is busted. True enough it is not working. Although a bit disappointed, Since I am in the electronics industry, I accepted the fact that probably, the LED installed in the fan I got is a dud. Thinking about the amount hassle I would go through returning my case to the store, I decided to replace the LED of the fan. I have a lot of experience modding computers and I have modded LED fans in the past so this would be really easy. I went to the nearest electronics store and bought bright white LEDs. Soon enough I got my 400R front fans with complete LEDs. A while ago, when I opened my computer, I noticed a flicker in front of my 400R. I checked it out and saw that another LED of the other fan is busted. Yes it is easy to replace the LED, but I was again a bit disappointed of the short lifespan of the LEDs in the Corsair fan. Who knows, maybe after a year, I have replaced all the fans since one seem to go every 2 weeks. I am a fan of Corsair and I believe in their product especially with the 7-year warranty on my HX650 and life-time warranty with the XMS2 Dominators I have. I sort of expect that the fans installed in my case have this amount of quality too. I have other fans here, a generic one, cheap branded ones and a bunch of more expensive ones, all have blue LEDs and all LEDs still work. The store gave me just a week warranty for the electronics component of the case and I've replaced one LED in one of the fans so certainly, I have forfeited the warranty. Is there anything I can do to get replacement fans perhaps or have new ones? If Corsair sells replacement fans for a reasonable price, then I could get replacement ones. Well, to get led fans of other brands is always an option, but I've always wanted the fan LED light switch to work.

:sigh!:

• Corsair Employees

Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and in the description explain that it is the LED's in the fan and state which fans have failing LED's they will likely send you new fans, so no need to RMA the whole case.

And I am sorry that happened but our customer service will take care of you and please save some Red Horse for me, diba!:D:

NOTE: If you are requesting an RMA / Replacement for a cooling product, you must return any fans that were provided with the original merchandise or we will not be able to accept your RMA.

Oh, I will cost me more then. :(

Aside, because of my little disappointment, I replaced the LED already. All LEDs now work, but I still want to chase after what Corsair support has to offer. My case is only around 2 months old and I just want to see the quality (and support) I expect and I paid for. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just want to say thank you to Corsair! I have received the package and am using the replacement(s). Corsair sent 4 fans instead of 2, which I expect since the 400R has only 2 white LED fans. :)

http://i44.tinypic.com/fe3q74.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qa0nba.jpg

Thanks again! :D

Archived