Corsair Community

What is the right HS1 setup for movies?

alphabeta

Hi guys,

Just bought the HS1 and installed it on WIN XP.

I want to watch a movie with a DTS or AC3 soundtrack:

1) What should I change in my computer and VLC player for it to give the best surronund (until now, everything was set for stereo)

2) What is the best settings in the HS1 setup (what options to turn off/on) and what is your best EQ suggestion for movies.

• Corsair Employees
It will really depend on the MOVIE, many movies will use emulation to support surround sound and as such the best setting would be AC97 but I would suggest you experiment with the head phones and movies they will all be slightly different in the way they are recorded.

I will answer twice. Firstly, I answer that there is no correct setting. Second, I answer by telling you what I set mine to.

Just click the Bass preset and then set the Volume via the inline controller to 20% or so and you will be fine. Increase the volume as needed, but I find about ~30% to be more than enough for myself.

I would not. But again, it is a matter of taste.

I usually leave it in 7.1 mode for most things. I leave Dolby Headphone enabled except for music or if things sound wrong.

When I listen to Music, I set it to Stereo, (Or the number of channels the music has.) and I change nothing else.

It depends. If the movie has multichannel audio I will use the same speaker configuration if possible. But I never use the "Virtual" anything. That is postprocessing and I just do not mess with it. There may be many uses for it, but I can think of exactly zero in any movie I have ever seen.

Any Stereo audio usually sounds similar enough in 7.1 as in stereo, and games sound much better with 7.1 for positional audio. (Or 5.1 if they only support that much. Some simply do not support positional audio.) So I tend to leave it set to 7.1 mode most of the time.

Archived