Corsair Community

650D Update for USB 3.0 front conectors?

arklab

Will there be an update to the 650D's USB 3.0 front connectors?

This has already been done to the 500R as described:

Future-ready Support for USB 3.0 and 2.5” SSDs is built-in. Two USB 3.0 connectors are provided on the front panel and connect directly to motherboards with compatible USB 3.0 headers.

Most other case makers have already done this long ago, and it's hard to cough up $200 for a case that has not.

Otherwise the case is fantastic.

Just buy the adapter and hide the cable behind the motherboard plate. Cable management will hide the ugly lead for you :)

Unlike the Carbide 500R, the Obsidian 650D came out way before the USB internal header standard was finalized. I don't find it an insult. It's what they had to work with at the time, like many other companies who released cases at around the same time as the 650D

Unlike the Carbide 500R, the Obsidian 650D came out way before the USB internal header standard was finalized. I don't find it an insult. It's what they had to work with at the time, like many other companies who released cases at around the same time as the 650D

Those other companies (mostly) have long since updated their cases/cables to stay in step with current motherboards which ALL have extra USB 3.0 headers.

It's obvious that Corsair knows this, but still haven't fixed their other, higher end products.

They too can get the job done - if they care to do so.

Even offer a "retro" panel at extra cost, for earlier purchasers.

If Corsair had just kept those beautiful, functional side panel latches I'd have bought the 500R in a second.

Just very frustrating - Corsair is much better than this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived