Corsair Community

H60 High temps ?

slipee

Hey guys,

I just installed my new H60 and I think I'm getting a little high temps:

I own a Q9550 @ stock voltagem and clocks, and my temps on idle are hitting 45-46ºC, and on load 65-68ºC, is that normal or high? I used to get 55-57ºC with stock CPU cooler on idle and 70-72ºC on load

I configured a push/pull setup with a NZXT 46cfm fan that came with my new case (NZXT Tempest EVO)

Temps inside my case are, right now, 36ºC.

Already tried to reseat the block 3 times.

Fans are on right direction (they are not pushing and pulling air to each other)

What do you think I can do?

Well, the temps inside the case aren't high compared to weather, I live in Brazil and my city is on 36ºC right now :/

By the way I took off the side panel and the temps fell to 34ºc, but the processor temps are still 45-46

Which way are your fans pushing and pulling?

I believe ideally you should be pulling cool air from outside.

Currently they are set to exhaust the air from the case... How much difference would I get by simply changing this ?

His pump is on Sytem Fan1, and at 4350RPM is normal and fine. Slipee, you could put the pump on the Power Fan header just to be sure it never is affected by any fan speed control, but the speed won't be any higher.

Your high local temperature is the limiting factor, plus a Q9550 tends to be a warmer running CPU. You'll need to optimize as much as possible, so use outside air rather than case air for your H60, that should help a bit. That NZXT fan should have it's speed increased, if possible, or replaced with a faster fan. Do you have the CPU power saving option called Speed Step enabled? That would help with idle temps.

Currently they are set to exhaust the air from the case... How much difference would I get by simply changing this ?

Well, right now you are currently pulling hot case air over your radiator. Hot air will not cool the coolant, thus your temps will be higher.

If you reverse it to pull the cooler air from outside of the case, it should in theory lower them.

I just ordered 2x akasa viper fans to replace these ones I'm using. Once they arrive I'll also set them to intake air instead of exhausting, let's see what happens. This NZXT fan is really sucking right now, the RPM does not go further than 1k :/ disappointing

I'm not able to take a photo of my case right now, but I own a NZXT tempest evo with:

2x 120mm fans intaking air in front of the case

1x 120mm intaking air on the left panel

2x 140mm exhausting air on top

and the H60 is set up to exhaust with the corsair stock fan + a nzxt of 46cfm on push/pull

Oh, I just changed the way the fans were, they are set to intake air instead of exhaust now, and my temps are still high (40-41C on idle and 65-67C on 100%) on stock clocks and voltages.

Should I go RMA this H60 ?

i swapped them round several times and the difference is hardly noticeable.

based on my findings, its the front fan and the top exhaust fan causing the problems.

i swapped the front fan for a coolermaster megaflow and the top exhaust for 2x yate loon 14cm exhaust fans and im now hittin high 20's - low 30's on my H60 + 2600k.

good luck

Archived