Corsair Community

HS1 vs Vengeance Headset - Whats the difference?

alphasig298

I have a question and hopefully someone from Corsair will answer this. Whats the difference between the Vengeance 1500 compared to the HS1. The only thing that I can tell is that the appearance is different. Everything else looks the same. Moreover, will these 2 devices use different drivers?

The reason why I'm asking is that I have an HS1, and you can read the issues I've had with it by looking for "Irritated with HS1 and RMA Process" or something to that effect on the forum. Thus, I'm willing to go another round and try another Corsair usb headset, but I want to know whats changed in order to justify the purchase.

• Corsair Employees

The Vengeance 1500 is second Generation of the HSI head sets.

So basically we listened to customers and made some improvements with Vengeance series Headsets and improved the aesthetics and Microphone and drivers which will work with any of our USB headsets.

The only thing besides the materials used that I can see is different is that they advertise a rotating microphone on the Vengeance 1500.

Otherwise it would be very hard to convince me it is any different at all.

This is one of the reasons I and others are not whining about having just bought a HS1 and now it is inferior. It is not. It really only has a different microphone.

If the drivers are released and I learn they were written in a way to prevent the HS1 from getting any advantage then I will feel violated by Corsair, but I doubt that will happen.

As with other items, let us wait until the egg hatches before we judge the Chicken.

• Corsair Employees

The new driver as I stated will work for HS1 as well and I would expect that to be posted soon.

And there are several differences other than the microphone but certainly that was a concern on this model but not the only concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived