Corsair Community

Corsair H50 Heat Issue

killer6586

Hi i have a H50 and when i bought it the temps was good idle was around 31c-32c and my room is the same temp all the time and now my idle is 39c-40c and before you ask i have it in a push pull config and yes i clean it once a week and my load temps was 45c-48c now its up to 55c-58c and the pc will blue screen on me.I am running on a AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 at stock speeds i replaced the TIM and turned the radiator around to see if it changed anything and its the same temps my air cooler gave me idle of 30c-31c and load of 44c-46c now if anyone knows how to fix my temps let me know because i feel i wasted my money and should of keep my air cooler.:confused::confused:

• Corsair Employees
The pump's rpm is within spec. When you re-applied TIM, did you make sure that you have a full contact between the coldplate and the CPU? I would also make sure that you didn't over tighten any of the screws to secure the pump.

I just redid the TIM i use IC Diamond 24k witch has no cure time the spread was good i did make sure not to tighten the screws to much i use the X pattern temps seen the same even though its 65F in my apartment ATM not sure what to try next i see a defect in the fins of the radiator ill post pics tonight or tomorrow not sure if that is making my temps go up im trying to do anything i can not to RMA i don't have the money to sent it in for a RMA ATM.

Hi Killer sorry to hear about your H50 not performing like it use to. How long have you had it running in your system?. I've had mine running since it came out think 2009. I just replaced my h50 with the H100 after seeing my idle and load temps go up some 10c over the last couple of months. I also did the norm and pulled it out replace the thermal paste checked the pump was running all that good stuff. Finally I just gave up on mine before it gave up on me. I'm wondering if the liquid inside these units is evaporating or something over time because when I shake the H50 it's sounds very empty. I think i might crack it open to see how much liquid it has in it.

i bought mine June of this year been in my system ever since when i bought it the temps used to be good but something went wrong i don't think the water can evaporate since it is a closed system but anything is possible i am not the expert on water cooling so your guess is as good as mine.

i bought mine June of this year been in my system ever since when i bought it the temps used to be good but something went wrong i don't think the water can evaporate since it is a closed system but anything is possible i am not the expert on water cooling so your guess is as good as mine.

You might be right about the water not being able to evaporate. Hey I read you don't have the money to Rma it atm so before I crack this thing open let me know if you want it I'll send it to you free

I Just tried both ways fan sucking in and blowing out i didn't see a difference load or idle temps was still the same but if you look at the fins at the top of the rad are a defect or am i wrong?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l176/killer6586/fansturned.jpg

Archived