Corsair Community

H80 damage

wizzards

Hello I have just received a new H80 kit ,purchased on line 2 days ago ,which very well packed for its journey thru the post ,when I unpacked the kit approx 3/4 hr ago I find a small crush mark on the radiator fins!, only 2fins wide by 1/4 " long ,the paint is missing and I can see the metal .now this thing has been assembled and boxed up by some one ,and if I can see this fault why cant they ,So a good exp ballsed up by laziness ?,I don't want to use it in case it leaks ,I have raised a RMA ,but what if corsair do not accept my version of events ,just a pain in the ar-e ,is this thing safe to use if corsair say go away ,

peter

Hello I have just received a new H80 kit ,purchased on line 2 days ago ,which very well packed for its journey thru the post ,when I unpacked the kit approx 3/4 hr ago I find a small crush mark on the radiator fins!, only 2fins wide by 1/4 " long ,the paint is missing and I can see the metal .now this thing has been assembled and boxed up by some one ,and if I can see this fault why cant they ,So a good exp ballsed up by laziness ?,I don't want to use it in case it leaks ,I have raised a RMA ,but what if corsair do not accept my version of events ,just a pain in the ar-e ,is this thing safe to use if corsair say go away ,

peter

The fins contain no water, the fins are merely the medium by which your heat is dissipated. I can assure you that the amount of damage you talk of is probably equal to a drop in performance caused by the dust collected on your entire radiator in a couple of hours. The fins themselves are flxible and are very easily squashed and a mere finger knock during packet will bend them. You can use a blunt knife or toothpick or similar to bring them into relative alignment.

Archived