Corsair Community

RMA Success?

soylent pez

I've been having F4 BSODs with my force gt 120 and as far as I know tried virtually every suggested fix I could find on the forums. I'm lucky if I can go 10 minutes without my system freezing. The strange part is that after every fix, most if not all I applied individually, I would get an extended period (the longest was half a day after the 1.3 firmware update, usually though an hour or two) without any BSODs, then it's right back to crashes often within minutes of booting up. This is already the 2nd drive I've tried as the first I RMA'd with newegg since it was never once detected by the bios/windows on 2 different computers.

So my question is this. Has anyone had these problems, RMA'd their drive, and gotten a successful replacement? Is it only a few of these drives that have problems or is it the drives themselves that will likely mean I'll always have stability issues with them on my system? Basically is there any point in returning it for another one?

Yes, I updated the day it was released. I only said "virtually every fix" to include the possibility of some obscure suggestion escaping me. I'm pretty sure though if it's mentioned in the stickies or is somewhere on the first 5 pages, I've tried it.

-Did you secure erase it after you installed the firmware update?

-have you tried new SATA cables?

-Have you tried the LPM Fix?

-Have you updated your Chipset drivers?

-Have you tried changing SATA ports?

-Have you tried a dedicated SSD power cable?

Which I plan to do, but it brings me back to my original question. I was just looking for input from others that have had the same issue and had the drive replaced with one that worked. I've seen a few threads with people waiting for the replacement drive and few people that were still having problems with the replacement drives. I'm just curious as to what other people's experiences have been before I have to send these drives back two, three times.

Put it in a zip lock bag and in the freezer for a few hours. My friend did that last night, since it kept disappearing from the bios and it now works perfectly. It could be just his lol, but well worth a try I guess. Talk about freezing! And do a secure erase before installing windows 7 on it.

Put it in a zip lock bag and in the freezer for a few hours. My friend did that last night, since it kept disappearing from the bios and it now works perfectly. It could be just his lol, but well worth a try I guess. Talk about freezing! And do a secure erase before installing windows 7 on it.

The freezer thing... i thought is was just for laptop batteries that are dead.

Anyways, i wouldn't do that because condensation may appear. Even if it is in a Zip-lock bag.

I'd say he just got lucky.

You know the SAD part of this is that customers shouldn't have to jump through all of these hoops just to get a working hard drive!

-Did you secure erase it after you installed the firmware update?

-have you tried new SATA cables?

-Have you tried the LPM Fix?

-Have you updated your Chipset drivers?

-Have you tried changing SATA ports?

-Have you tried a dedicated SSD power cable?

You know the SAD part of this is that customers shouldn't have to jump through all of these hoops just to get a working hard drive!

I fully agree !!! I thought the problems were only with serial <1121 nut it seems that the newer drives have problems too!!!!

Archived