Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro cooler H70 - Temprature Issue

prashu

Hi

I have installed H70 Hydro cooler on my 2nd generation i7 2600k, with 12gb Corsair Denominator DDr3 RAM in a Graphite Series™ 600T Mid-Tower Case,but when i check my CPU temperature , it is around 48 degree Celsius stable.

Yesterday I installed H70 on my friend's PC and he happens to have his CPU temperature at about 32 degree Celsius stable.He is using the same config as mine except he is using Kingston RAM

Can someone pls advice why this big difference, and how can i check if i have installed the hydro cooler correctly and is working properly on my system.

your advice is much appreciated

Thanks

Kind Regards

Prashu

• Corsair Employees

I would try to re-seat the CPU and re-apply TIM and make sure all 4 screws has even pressure on top of the CPU.

CPU temp is very subjective, each system is uniquely built from any other system out there even with the exact same components, there are just too many variables to consider.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, thanks Guys , i will try and re apply the thermal paste and then check.

Corsair has been kind enough to provide me with a RMA, Great customer service honestly, due to this i want to give it another try and re apply the thermal paste or even make any changes required for my system.

A company who stands by its products is the best company and i am happy that i am their customer.

Corsair thumps up for u.

thanks again guys for your advice i will give it a try, I am overseas and will be back after 1 month.

Kind Regards

Prashu:biggrin:

Archived