Corsair Community

H100 Questions

JohnLucPicard

Okay, I got my new fans today. The H100 now has push\pull while, idling at 37C/28c/28c on my CPU, and on load : 47-50/38-42 on cores @ 3.6 with the e6600.

Two things :

What is the best thermal paste for the H100, for when I go to re-apply when I get a new CPU. What would be recommended?

2. I had several messed up fins when I pulled the H100 out of the box the other day(about 10), should I RMA or just ignore them?

Ultimately you can ignore the fin damage. If you really want to you can 'comb' them out using a toothpick or even a fine bladed knife, doesn't need to be sharp.

Refrigeration is my game and we just use a air-conditioning comb to straighten out any bent coil fins. It is these fins that ultimately provide you with your cooling, the larger the fin area the more heat transfer will take place. You'd have to have at least 10% damage to these fins to have any effect on your cooling and then it would only be negligible.

Ultimately you can ignore the fin damage. If you really want to you can 'comb' them out using a toothpick or even a fine bladed knife, doesn't need to be sharp.

Refrigeration is my game and we just use a air-conditioning comb to straighten out any bent coil fins. It is these fins that ultimately provide you with your cooling, the larger the fin area the more heat transfer will take place. You'd have to have at least 10% damage to these fins to have any effect on your cooling and then it would only be negligible.

Sweet thanks, it's amazing how fragile these things are. Every AC I ever see always seems to have fins messed up.

Glad to see an expert agree with my opinion on this, not that there is an issue with Corsair radiators. The fragility of the tiny fins is the nature of the beast. Bent fins on home AC units and any type of refrigeration unit is quite common, not much protection given to them. I've read quibbles about the fins behind the radiator mounting holes, which makes no sense.

Captain, don't you read any of the threads in this forum besides your own? Plenty of good information there just waiting for you.

Archived