Corsair Community

h80 inside 600t intake our outtake?

bViking

Apologies if this has been posted before. The search feature did not come up with anything related to this issue.

The rad was installed in place of the stock exhaust fan on the back side of the case. The instruction booklet shows the airflow direction as intake (pushing air into my case) is this correct? It seems wrong, but I haven't noticed any heat related issues yet.

If you haven't had any heat issues for example: temps increasing. You'll be fine.

The instruction booklet should tell you to re-position the back fan for intake as it pulls in cool air through the radiator, which should give you better temps.

it's better to let cool air into the case, it's like opening the door to your house on a cold day... After some time your house will get cold.

The other way around, if you try to force all the hot air from inside the house out, it will take much longer.

Best thing to do is having one fan to blow cold air into the case and one to blow it outside, as a bonus you will also get more airflow.

So i guess you're diing the right thing ;)

Thanks for the replies. The only reason I asked is because every case I've owned, including this one, uses the rear fan as exhaust. Good to know that I did the right thing though.

I'm going to do some temp tests anyway before I commit to an OC, but do you think it would be alright to add a fan filter to that fan now that it is intake? I hate dust, as I'm sure everyone else does. I'll try it with it on, and with it off and post some results. Thoughts / comments welcome.

Archived