Corsair Community

Force 3 90GB problems

Scootaloo

Recently bought one of these from Newegg and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. Out of the box, it performs about the same as my HDD(which is a Seagate Barracuda 1TB), and that doesn't seem like it should be at all. The 1.3.2 updater (which I though might fix the speed issue) doesn't work at all for me. At the point of "Click Update Drivers and select the matching signature," I notice that none of the files in the folder provided match the signature for my SSD.

I've done all I can think of. Things like switching the SATA6GB cables from the Marvell ports over to the Intel ports and back again, trying out this update, making sure AHCI was selected, checking Corsair's FAQs and so on.

I'm sure it's probably just something I've missed. Maybe my google-fu isn't good enough.

Anyways, if anyone could think of anything I might have done wrong or have skipped over doing, please, let me know. I'd like to have this thing perform as it should. Thank you for your time.

P.S.: Don't know about this but it might be important to note that when I first plugged in my SSD, it sounded like a swarm of bees. Thought it might be me CD/DVD but where the sound came from told me otherwise. A quick restart stopped the sound but I'm sure that couldn't have been good.

Oops, well that was my bad. I downlaoded the GT 90GB files instead of the Force 3 90GB files. Haha, sorry. The 5 digits were 22795, for reference.

Still, though, I'm know not seeing any performance increase like I thought. My sequential read/writes are still coming up as they did before and boot time is still isn't what I'd expect.

Yeah I've been using the Intel ones this whole time(other than when I switched back and forth to the Marvell ones to see if that was the issue).

By the way, I looked the RMA on the Corsair main site, and you can't select the Force 3 90GB as the device. It goes from 60GB right to 120GB. I'll be submitting through Newegg, but I thought I'd give you the heads up.

Archived