Corsair Community

Adding TW3X4G1333C9 to an Asus P7P55D Pro

gpz

Hi,

I currently have a computer running with a 2x2Gb kit of memory. I would like to do an upgrade without replacing the current memory by adding an extra kit.

I guess it is not wise to mix brands or settings so I wanted to buy the exact same kit and go up to 8gb total.

I noticed however, that in the motherboard's manual, the version ending only with C9(the one I own) does not appear to be listed but the DHX version is listed and flagged as not Qualified for a 4 slot configuration.

My questions now are: Is the qualification list something of a suggestion or these combination are know to plainly fail?

And, since the DHX model is said to be incompatible using this configuration, will the regular model also be incompatible and will I be forced to replace my memory entirely if I want to do an upgrade?

Thank you in advance!

G

I guess it is not wise to mix brands or settings so I wanted to buy the exact same kit and go up to 8gb total.

Corsair does not suggest or support mixing of modules. Even two set of the EXACT SAME PART NUMBER AND EVEN VERSION number almost always causes problems. If they will run together it's usually at a reduced frequency. That just defeats the purpose.

There is just no way to tell if two sets will run the exact same way if they have not all been tested with each other.

You can scour these forums and you will see countless posts of others that have all tried the same thing and came up short . You would be way better off to just replace what you have with a new 8 gig kit.

Archived