Corsair Community

AX850 main power cable -> bulge in side of 800D case

x509

I have both the AX 850 and an 800D case. (OK, it's a 700D, but the "opposite side" panel is the same for both cases.

I love this case, but there is no way that I can route the big, fat main power cable for the AX850 without some kind of bulge in the side panel. I've tried to "flatten the cable" by hand where it crosses the "brace" in the 800D, but I can't get it flat enough.

Any suggestions? I was even thinking of (!! :!: :!: :(: ) cutting the sleeving so that I could flatten out the cable more more, but that's a last resort.

Anything else I can do to eliminate this side panel bulge?

Thanks.

I don't own your case, so I'm not sure how much clearance there is. Can you use zip ties to pull the cable flush against the mother board tray? If not, your method of spreading the wires apart would work. Braces like that are a pain.

Can you route the cable just below the brace and then through the opening to the mother board?

I don't own your case, so I'm not sure how much clearance there is. Can you use zip ties to pull the cable flush against the mother board tray? If not, your method of spreading the wires apart would work. Braces like that are a pain.

I guess zip ties are probably my only solution, but it's not just a question of pulling the cable flush. It's simply too thick to fit into the space between the edge of the brace and the side panel. I would need to tear open the sleeving (:mad: :mad: :mad: ) to spread the wires flat.

Yes, that brace is a pain, and I don't want to have to disassemble my entire system so that I can mod the brace with a cutout for the cable. And if I did that, it would weaken the brace, defeating its purpose. :(:

Can you route the cable just below the brace and then through the opening to the mother board?

Unfortunately not, since the power supply is separated from the motherboard area, the only way to route the pain power cable is through the backside of the case.

Is there anything else I could do? Have I overlooked something? Yellowbeard? Ram Guy? Redbeard?

cable tie it with other cables. It doesn't bulge on my one.

That's probably because you're in Australia, and upside down relative to folks north of the equator, so your gravity has a different vector, and your bulge is on the other side, right? ;): Similar to the direction (clockwise or counter) that the water in your toilets rotates when flushed? :bigeyes:

One of the funniest things I've ever seen, a commercial where a rugby player puts a bandaid on his head and then runs onto the field, while the announcer says, "Australian for helmet...".

x509,

There is not much we can do as all the cables are the same and there isn't and option for a flatter thinner 24 atx cable.

As suggested try zip ties and original how you route your cables.

You can also send a picture to RAMGUY@CORSAIR.COM and we can take a look.

Thank you

Ram Guy,

I think I'll take you up on your offer that I can email a picture to you. right now I'm on a business trip and won't be home for over a week. And before I email pictures to you I want to try out the zip ties. So if you don't hear from me until about 20 October or so, that's why. It's not that I've lost interest.

This bulging cable issue is the only real issue I have with the 700D case. It's the most attractive and stylish case I have ever owned. Even my wife has commented on the appearance. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
cable tie it with other cables. It doesn't bulge on my one.

Hi. I just cable-tied the main power cable to the side of the case, but it didn't seem to help. Maybe I didn't do it right, but nothing changed. The bulge is very slight, and I guess I'm just going to have to live with it.

Archived