Corsair Community

H80 Waterblock screw broke during installation

sleggh

Hello,

When i got my H80 cooler delivered last week, i ran into a slight problem while mounting the waterblock on my CPU.

Before i begin, i want to say that i followed the included instructions to the letter before this happened and i'm on a LGA1366 platform.

Anyway, i got home and unboxed the cooler and then started mounting it on my motherboard.

Everything went smooth until i was gonna tighten the thumbscrews for the waterblock with a screwdriver.

While tightening the second screw, the "distance-screw" sitting between the backplate and the thumbscrew snapped and broke, leaving the leftovers stuck inside the thumbscrew.

This means that my waterblock currently only has 3 screws holding it in place.

It still does a decent job i might add, but it's not optimal and i'm not feeling comfortable with it at all.

So, i was wondering if there's any chance that i somehow can get a new mounting-kit from you (actually, just the one screw would be perfect), without having to send you the whole cooler?

I've allready sent this both as an RMA request and as a question to customer support last week, but i haven't gotten any response at all from those.

That's why i'm trying here at the forum instead

Post your RMA number.

Actually, i didn't write it down since i didn't realize i was placing an RMA until afterwards.

I clicked a link named "Contact customer support" or something similar, and thought that they would simply contact me on the email-address that i provided.

It was only after i clicked the "Request RMA" link here on the forum that i realized that it led to the same place.

I wanted to contact customer support and hear them out before placing an actual RMA.

sleggh, When filling out the RMA form, in the description area just write what part you need, and mention you don't need to return your unit. It takes a while for Corsair to reply, but just a few days. They might be a bit busy now, dealing with an issue on one production run of an H-series cooler. So be patient, and watch for an email from Corsair.

I did exactly what you did installing my H60, and after a RMA requesting the part, I had it within two weeks of submitting the RMA form.

sleggh, When filling out the RMA form, in the description area just write what part you need, and mention you don't need to return your unit. It takes a while for Corsair to reply, but just a few days. They might be a bit busy now, dealing with an issue on one production run of an H-series cooler. So be patient, and watch for an email from Corsair.

I did exactly what you did installing my H60, and after a RMA requesting the part, I had it within two weeks of submitting the RMA form.

That sounds great, what a relief.

Did they contact you by mail then?

Since i didn't take note of the RMA number, i'll have a hard time following the case on the site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived