Corsair Community

H100, unsure if I should begin an RMA.

Friizen

So, I just bought my new system. I overclocked my i7-2600k to 4,4 ghz and I am getting just about 67-68c in prime95 (not that impressive?). The H100 is currently with custom fans in a push configuration - inside a 600t special edition.

Here is where I get suspecious. The H100 that I recieved is from the infamous #11359403 badge. I can hear the fans changing pace when I change fan settings (a little), which is a good thing! BUT! When I look at the RPMs in hardware monitor pro, they dont seem to change? They stay at ~2000 RPM?

Regards,

Friizen

So, I just bought my new system. I overclocked my i7-2600k to 4,4 ghz and I am getting just about 67-68c in prime95 (not that impressive?). The H100 is currently with custom fans in a push configuration - inside a 600t special edition.

Here is where I get suspecious. The H100 that I recieved is from the infamous #11359403 badge. I can hear the fans changing pace when I change fan settings (a little), which is a good thing! BUT! When I look at the RPMs in hardware monitor pro, they dont seem to change? They stay at ~2000 RPM?

Regards,

Friizen

:hmmm:

You are actually looking at the pump speed which does not change and I believe it should be 2000-2100 rpm's; now when you hit the button on the H100 the speed of the fans should change, however unless you have access to the Corsair Link or you plug the fans directly in the MB which at which point they will run a constant speed, you will not be able to see the speed of these fans :rolleyes:

Your temps seem quite good under load in prime 95 so you should have nothing to worry about as these chips can run in the high 90's

I'm running the same setup and get the same exact temps in prime 95 (give or take 1-2*C)

If you try the best air cooler, the temps will be 75+ probably closer to 80.

If you want to drop the temperatures even further the only choice you got is custom loops, but be prepared to spend a few bills on one.

You are actually looking at the pump speed which does not change and I believe it should be 2000-2100 rpm's; now when you hit the button on the H100 the speed of the fans should change, however unless you have access to the Corsair Link or you plug the fans directly in the MB which at which point they will run a constant speed, you will not be able to see the speed of these fans :rolleyes:

Your temps seem quite good under load in prime 95 so you should have nothing to worry about as these chips can run in the high 90's

I'm running the same setup and get the same exact temps in prime 95 (give or take 1-2*C)

If you want to drop the temperatures even further the only choice you got is custom loops, but be prepared to spend a few bills on one.

Hm, so the CPU fan should report at 2000-2100 always?

You've eased my mind. Thank you.

If that is where your H100's pump is connected, yes. The pump speed does not vary. You can't see the fan speeds, but monitoring the pump is important.

Strange, because it stays at 734 when it's supposed to be 2000 or so like said; could it be a misread or something? It appears to be working correctly.

http://sadpanda.us/images/682332-TDXVXL8.jpg

Strange, because it stays at 734 when it's supposed to be 2000 or so like said; could it be a misread or something? It appears to be working correctly.

http://sadpanda.us/images/682332-TDXVXL8.jpg

Well you're reading it wrong...

CPU fan = pump speed running at 2109 - its perfect

SYS fan I'm guessing its a 200mm fan hooked to one of the fan ports on the MB hence the low rpm

CPU1 FAN - unsure but judging the speed but guessing the case exhaust fan

AUX fan running at 4k is strange, possibly memory fans?

Obviously there is something wrong with the speed fan app as it shows your system running at 124*C... OOUCCCHHH

Also you should run only one monitor a once for accurate results :)

I suggest reading your MB book and see which fan is linked to which fan ports on the main board and this will give you a better idea which fan is what and their speeds.

I don't understand why AID64 is reporting the CPU and Chasis fan backward, AIDA64 reported fine on my previous cooler and has always been very accurate.

Was thinking that the chasis fan was just one of my several 120mms at full speed in my case and the CPU cooler could have been not working correctly since it's pretty darn quiet.

At least it appears speed fan is correct after all for the CPU reading, didn't like how inaccurate the program is for me, never liked it. Started using it for the first time recently and read for some motherboards like mine can be misread, such as it being 124. Now it says I'm getting 75,000 on that one fan, instead of 4500, ha ha.

I do only run one application at a time too, just opened them up for comparison.

Archived