Corsair Community

Corsair XMS XLPRO: What a disappointment!

magic carpet

Hi all, two days ago I bought two twinx sticks of 512MB Corsair XL Pro and then the problems began... Before I had Kingston Value ram and with my Pentium 4 3.2Ghz Extreme Edition and a IC7Max3 I managed to raise the FSB till to 224 without any problem. Now I can't get over 210!!! Firstly setting the ram by spd reports a cas latency at 2.5; no problem, I modified it manually... Then I tried to low the latencies to 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.8v but there's nothing to do: Windows won't boot over 210 FSB, not even at 3-4-4-8!!! Could it be a problem with the Abit MB? I already have the latest BIOS version, I have a 500Watt PSU and most of all I did not have any problem to overclock my P4EE with Kingston Ram... maybe I have to modifiy some setting in the BIOS... My configuration includes also a 9800XT My disapponitment ends here... Thanks to all of you, guys!

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you update to the latest bios if you have not done so, and then load setup defaults and start with default settings on the CPU and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and work your way up slowly and relax the timings as you get above 210 MHz to 2.5-3-3-7, but test the modules one at a time and let's see if we can determine if one of the modules is failing!

• Corsair Employees
Lets see what happens, but if both modules pass at their rated speed 2-2-2-5 at DDR400 then they are running at their rated speed and there would be no reason to replace them!

Archived