Corsair Community

Chaintech ZNF3-250 Stability Issues

Tim7332

I own 2 sticks of 512 mb 3200LLPT and I also own the Chaintech ZNF3-250. I am extremely unhappy that you RAM doesnt perform like advertised for this motherboard. Other memory modules that advertise 2-3-2-6 with DDR400 are able to perform at those speeds with 2 sticks. Why are these modules unable to do so? I would very much like to exchange these sticks for CMX512-3200 x2 or whatever is compatible and performs as advertised. Who do I need to contact or speak to in order to do this, for I am very upset and I feel it is only fair.

From the manual of that board: [QUOTE][B]2-3 Main Memory Configuration[/B] The DDR SDRAM memory system consists of three DIMMs. The first bank supports up to 1GB of memory, and the second and third ones together support up to 1GB of memory in total. Installation in DIMM2 + DIMM3 slots can only support single-sided RAM. We strongly suggest that you install DRAMs in either DIMM1 + DIMM2 or DIMM1 +DIMM3 slots.[/QUOTE] I don't know if that memory is single or dual-sided (I think it's dual), but the above information may point towards a cause of instability. What CPU / FSB do you have? Have you tried any other memory in the system? Have you run any mem tests?

Both sticks individually pass memtests, however when put in at the same time freeze the system. Before you accuse the motherboard of being the culprit, keep in mind other memory is able to work with 2 sticks in there at the ADVERTISED SPEEDS. I don't want to hear any nonsense about raising latencies and RAM speeds. I either want to exchange both these modules for a cash refund or exchange them for 1 stick of 1gb RAM same brand and type. This is not that big of a request. Somebody let me know before I take it to the next step with the consumer protection agency and the better business bureau and file claims of false advertising.. Thank you.

• Corsair Employees
Tim, If that is what you want please ask your reseller, as we do not sell direct and don’t have any way to refund you something that we did not sell to you! We would be happy to replace your modules under RMA, but they would be for the same part# that you send in! Please see if the reseller will let you return these, and you can get what ever works for you!

• 4 weeks later...
I too am having problems with stability. Have tried timings as suggested by Ram Guy (3-3-8-3 2.7 volts) to no avail unfortunately! The sticks are in slots 1 and 3 as suggested by Chaintech and Corsair! I previously had the MSI K8T Neo motherboard and the sticks performed well, so I don't think either the sticks or motherboard have a fault. No matter what timings I try, the stability I am looking for has not come about!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

• Corsair Employees
Well if the modules run with out problem in another system that would suggest that it's not the memory! But I would check the other components in another system if possible as that might help to isolate the problem!

Archived