Corsair Community

What CPU temps is every one getting

Hawg-dawg

I have no accurate measure of actual CPU temp, but my FX-53 @2.6 GHz, 1.7 Volts vcore gets the Hydrocool wateblock to about 28C idle and about 33C while playing games and intense benchmarking. Ambient temps about 26C. Tomorrow I will be adding a Koolance chipset block to the system and a 6800 Ultra to the loop. Of course, I'm going to add a copper heater core as a 2nd heat exchanger to complement the one in the Hydrocool :)

when you are asking about the temps are u asking for the temps that hydrocool displays or something else? the hydrocool displays 32 thru 34, depending on what i am doing (ut 2003/2004). now my case shows my temps at 43+ durning game (supposedly that is my cpu temp.). i thought the temp that hydrocool displayed was the actual water temp, not the cpu temp. am i missing something here? :eek:

yeah, the hydrocool shows the temp on the outside of the block. I guess this might be useful to guage any condensation problems that might occur between the block and the ambient temps inside the air. I say this because i added a fan to my hydrocool and the temp as read by the CPU sensor is actually cooler than the ambient air in my case. I modded my case with a 120mm fan similiar to what the hc uses. Funny thing though, with the added fans, everything runs quieter than before. This really is a great product. If it lasts for a long time and Corsair puts out new block adapters so you can use it with new chip sizes, i would say its a perfect product.

Good points by all ... the thermister was placed on top of the cold block for practical reasons. Through the copper cover, it is still within about 0.5 degrees of the internal water temp at the cpu block. The only way to get a better, direct chip top temp is a very costly (and less than desirable) milling of a 0.75mm slot in the middle of the base and inserting a tiny thermocouple. Besides being very fragile, it also has the negative effect of blocking the middle of the heat conductive path between the middle of the top of the chip and the bottom of the block. Good for lab testing, impractical for real life. Bottom line: check your reported internal die temps on an "A vs. B" basis ... that is you have to swap them out as water blocks or heat sinks to see which is better. Published "Reported" die temps are suspect as the internal diode temps and some reporting software can vary several degrees based on machines and situations. The internal diodes are only good for +/- 2 degrees or so at best on accuracy in an "A vs. C" situation. Good luck! KK

Archived