Corsair Community

msi k8n and corsair value ram

carvegio

Hello Guys, I posted before I bought the board and I think ramguy said it would work fine, if I put it in slots 1+3 and set voltage to 2.7v I did this, but when i played games it frooze, and also when I tried 3dmark03 it kept freezing everything in the system works, so I took out the dimm in slot 3, and tried everything, games worked and so did 3dmark03 then I thought I might have a bad module, so I took out the one currently in slot 1, and put the other module in and I got the same problems, it kept freezing and crashing So I thought oh I must have a bad module, but lol to double check I tried it on a friends system, he has a gigabyte board and athlon64 processor but on his system it works perfectly fine Im not sure whats wrong, can someone help me please!

If the RAM tests fine on another MOBO then I'd investigate the MOBO you have. I'd make sure you have the latest bios and possibly even see if there is a beta version available from MSI. Also, MSI has a support forum. You might have some luck there. Good luck, Mike.

• Corsair Employees
I would test them one at a time again and see if you can duplicate the problem again on your system. If so, let’s try and replace your modules! Please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them!

Archived