Corsair Community

XMS Compatability

wws

I purchased this memory module, 512MB CMX512-3200LL, from Newegg in March 2004 to run in a Shuttle XPC using the intel CPU. Is this still available? I had heard the latency has changed and want to try to match the module. Is the only difference between the 3200LL and the 3200LLPT the heat spreader? Why does it list the CAS of the 3200LL as 2-3-2-6 T1 and the CAS of the 3200LLPT as 2-3-2-6 (no T1)? Thank you for your time.

• Corsair Employees
They should be the same as long as they are the same revision! However, I would suggest you find another use for the module you have and just get a Twinx set for best performance!

• Corsair Employees
2 single modules would have suggested timings of Cass 2.5-3-3-7 where as a Twinx set would be rated at the tested setting with both modules’ Cass 2-3-2-6! It's not that you could not get 2 single modules to run at the tested settings, because it is likely that you can! However, with most MB's you would not be able to mix modules or modules that are made with different IC's! There is no way to assign a set % of performance gain on a matched set because in some situations there would be none and in other situations that could be as much as 7-15% gain! But to take the guess work out of the picture it’s best to get a matched set to start with!

Archived