Corsair Community

asus a8v and 2gbyte of corsair

simplyfabio

hi,i'm an italian users, and i would do a pc based on an asus a8v motherboards, an amd athlon 64 fx-53, and 2gb of ram. the question is: are better a pair of 1024 pc3200 or four banks of 512mb pc3200llpt? or other memory with an upper frequency like teh pc4000? is so important the cas latency? please, answers to my questions! thanks a lot.

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would suggest Twinx1024-3200XL for best performance, that would be 2 512 Meg modules tested together as a pair![/QUOTE] so twin 3200XL is better than TWINX1024-3200C2PRO with Black XMS ProSeries heat spreader ? and better than twin 3200XLPRO? whats the different between the black version and platinum one? 1 more thing, if my mobo is DDR400, is that mean i cant use RAM card higher than 400 ? (cant use higher than XMS3200) thanks again for the input

• Corsair Employees
I think you are putting more into what I said! XMS3200XL is the same part no matter if you get the activity LED's or a platinum heat spreader. They are the same module! Only difference would be cosmetic except in the case of our Pro modules which have the activity LED's! And yes XMS3200XL would be faster the XMS3200C2!

• Corsair Employees
That would translate to anything over DDR400 would need to be over clocked like with any other platform. There is no official support for any memory faster than DDR400 at this time, so anything over DDR400 would need to be over clocked!

Archived