Corsair Community

twinx RAM not compatable with Abit IC7 MAX 3

I recently bought a whole new set-up and have been trying to get the comp to work. I have an Abit IC7 Max 3, a p4 3GHz, and twinx 3200 ram. when I turn it on the MoBo it beeps for five seconds with a 3 second pause. that tells me there is a problem with the memory. am i using the right type of memory (i think), or is the P4 incompatable. what am i doing wrong. I can't even get a signal to my screen.

What is the full model name of the memory (basically, look on the modules on the stickers and write it ALL down) and what is in the rest of your computer? CPU? Power source, etc. And, if you could, be a little more specific... when you turn it on, you get 5 beeps and then nothing? No screen? No lights? Fans? Etc? PLUR CK

[quote name='dittobunkie']I recently bought a whole new set-up and have been trying to get the comp to work. I have an Abit IC7 Max 3, a p4 3GHz, and twinx 3200 ram. when I turn it on the MoBo it beeps for five seconds with a 3 second pause. that tells me there is a problem with the memory. am i using the right type of memory (i think), or is the P4 incompatable. what am i doing wrong. I can't even get a signal to my screen.[/QUOTE] I'm fairly certain that if you up your DDR voltage to 2.75 or 2.8 volts that you should get this working together at default settings. Then if you feel the need to overclock you can start fiddling with your other settings. Have you read the stickies on the MAX3 threads on the Abit forums? You'll find a lot of useful information there amongst all the fans tosh.

Archived