Corsair Community

Twinx1024-3200XLPRO Help

New in box Asus P4C800-E with P4 2.8E, Zalman 400W PS, Zalman 7000A-CU cooler, Twinx1024-3200XLPRO Corsair Memory. Label on front of chip reads:CMX512-3200XLPRO XMS3208v1.1 Did I make a bobo with this memory purchase? Should it have been Twinx4400? Just trying to get best M/B - Memory teamed up. Need help with this as boxes have not been opened yet and if I need to do something different would need to do so soon. Also anyone know what v1.1 means in XMS3208v1.1? Many thanks for your comments. Jim

Twinx1024-3200XLPRO is two CMX512-3200XLPRO XMS3208v1.1 modules that are pretested to insure they will play nice when run in dual channel together as seen [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/twinx1024-3200xl.pdf]here[/URL] The V1.1 is used to tell what type of chips the DIMM has on it.

I beg to differ..(well on my Abit AI7 board anyhow). Run the memory at stock timongs / stock clocks and all is fine....try and o/c and your buggered. Dosnlt like anything about 220. BSOD's / Lock ups / ...return to stock and all is fine. Im selling / returning my Corsair XL PRO.

[quote name='anthonyl']I beg to differ..(well on my Abit AI7 board anyhow). Run the memory at stock timongs / stock clocks and all is fine....try and o/c and your buggered. Dosnlt like anything about 220. BSOD's / Lock ups / ...return to stock and all is fine. Im selling / returning my Corsair XL PRO.[/QUOTE] Have you tried dropping your memory multiplier and processor multiplier (if possible) and running at 220 to insure it's not the RAM? What have you tried on the latencies? Just curious, it would be sad to replace the RAM only to find out it wasn't the limiting factor.

Archived