Corsair Community

A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 and twinx pc3200 c2pt

Dread

I have the above running together. Timings = 6 - 3 - 3 - 2.5T I have a 3200+ xp cpu and a 9800 pro. When i play games for a while i get a blue screen and then the system restarts. When booting up again the post reporter says computer failed mem test then boots to operating system. I have the latest bios and the ddr voltage @ 2.7v Could it be the ram just hates the mobo ? What else do you recommend Thanks

I'd check the modules one at a time with [url=www.memtest86.com]Memtest86[/url] to see if one is failing on you, then if they pass, try them both in single & dual channel configurations. I'm assuming you [b]do not[/b] have anything overclocked and are running a 400FSB with DDR400 (1:1). However, since it takes awhile, you should check your heat too! One easy way is to remove the side of your case, put a big fan beside it, and run your games with that "uber" cooling system. See if that does the trick, if so, you should probably get a better heat sink or use high quality thermal compound ilke Artic Silver. This applies to both the CPU and the chipset, but with that setup, mainly the CPU. PLUR CK

Archived