Corsair Community

version conflicts corsair CMX 512mb DD333 v. 1.3 and 3.1

yaqri

Was just wondering if there is known version problems if you put two “same speed” but different version ram in the same computer. I experienced some problems … I purchased back in 2002 October a computer with 512mb corsair ddr333 pc2700 (v. 1.3) and then later in 2004 June (last month) I purchased the same kind of ram … same speed. But it turns out to be different versions … (new ram v. 3.1) And the salesman told me that there absolutely should not be any problems… so I got home and installed it and It booted fine but when I played BF1942 and DC mod and Steam CS, it at first gave me a blue screen saying PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. According to Microsoft it might be bad ram. And then I tested the ram alone. (Not together) and it worked fine… so im really confused now… how do I make them work together??? I would very much like to have 1GB ram? Do I really have to buy a v. 1.3 from somewhere? (It’s almost impossible to find someone who has v. 1.3) Does the corsair 96 month warranty cover something like this?

Was just wondering if there is known version problems if you put two “same speed” but different version ram in the same computer. I experienced some problems … I purchased back in 2002 October a computer with 512mb corsair ddr333 pc2700 (v. 1.3) and then later in 2004 June (last month) I purchased the same kind of ram … same speed. But it turns out to be different versions … (new ram v. 3.1) And the salesman told me that there absolutely should not be any problems… so I got home and installed it and It booted fine but when I played BF1942 and DC mod and Steam CS, it at first gave me a blue screen saying PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. According to Microsoft it might be bad ram. And then I tested the ram alone. (Not together) and it worked fine… so im really confused now… how do I make them work together??? I would very much like to have 1GB ram? Do I really have to buy a v. 1.3 from somewhere? (It’s almost impossible to find someone who has v. 1.3) Does the corsair 96 month warranty cover something like this? my computer: Asus P4PE P4 2.533 boxed 512mb corsair (v. 1.3) (returned the v 3.1 to dealer) 80GB maxtor plus 9 Asus DVD 16x

• Corsair Employees
You will not be able to Mix modules or different revisions on most MB's made! In addition, we have never suggested any one mix modules or use more than one module if they purchase a single module. Only our Twinx sets are guaranteed with more then one module and then only one set would be suggested given the MB you use will support 2 modules at the rated speed of that given module!

• 1 month later...

Archived