Corsair Community

corsair 700gs dying

MaxBurnout1200

I just recently bought the corsair 700 gs at best buy, 2 moths ago to be exact. Now all of the sudden it doesnt want to work for me anymore. sometimes when i hit the power button the pc will start for a second then shut down, then if i hit it again it wont even flicker, i have to flick the psu to off then back on to try again. I was using the computer with the previous powersupply fine for 3 months

once i start it however the psu will decide to just quit on me and loose power. usually this happens when im gaming. The most recent crash was when i was playing wii sports on dolphin.

I am extremly disapointed because i was told that corsair is the best product out there. I will be trying to return/exchange. I hope this is just an extremly rare occasion and that it will never happen again, this was my first corsair product.

Have others had this problem with the same exact psu? can i have some assistance with rma?

thankyou,

MaxBurnout1200

• Corsair Employees
That might not be the PSU, when it does that you might disconnect everything except a HDD and a case fan and use a paper clip to test it and see if it will power on. Also what is the make and model of your MB? This PSU is ATX 2.1-2.3 Spec if its an older MB it may take an ATX 2.03 Spec.!

Archived