Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 with Asus P8 P67-M Pro

Zoea

Hi there

I have 2 kits of CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 (2*2gb ddr3 1600 cas9) which I was using fine with my previous platform, a Gigabyte P55M-UD4. All slots were populated. So the RAM is fine (?)

I just upgraded to a sandy bridge platform. When I attempt to use all 4 dimms I have a couple of problems;

1) the system only boots when the motherboard is horizontal with the ground!

2) the system fails stability testing even at 1333mhz speeds

When I remove 2 dimms (leaving 2, equivalent to 1 4gb kit) the system boots fine (either orientation) and passes stability testing.

I am just after a corsair recommendation of whether these dimms have been tested with this board with all 4 slots used. The memory IS on the motherboard QVL list, but it only lists 2*2gb as compatible. Also is there a voltage I can tweak to make the board more stable with 4 dimms populated?

If not, it looks like I will need to change to a 4gb*2 kit for stability, will corsair do this by RMA for me?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

The older modules may require more voltage than your new system can provide, please look an the label and see what it lists for the memory Voltage, cannot be more than 1.65 Volts for this MB and CPU.

I would either try and enable XMP and set the memory frequency manually to DDR1333 and see if its stable or find another use for these modules and purchase a set of modules made specifically for this chipset like our Vengeance Modules that is the density you want to install.

Archived