Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8D Voltage question

lawrencendlw

I have 2 separate Corsair Dominator TR3X6G1600C8D kits (one in a Asus P6X58D Premium and one in a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P) and I am having a bit of difficulty getting it to run stable at 1600 MHz in my Gigabyte UD4P motherboard. I have tried running the XMP profile but it's tough to get the CPU overclocks that I want with it enabled. What is the voltage range I should be looking to use for 1600 MHz at 8-8-8-24-1T timings to get it stable? I have tried anywhere from 1.2V -1.36v and still it's getting BSOD's with varying QPI/DRAM codes (D1 and 9C mostly). I love the ram and from what I hear it's super stable normally. My other components are a Intel Core i7-920 D0(trying for 4.2 GHz but have had it up to 4.51 with low voltage), PNY GTX 570 XLR8 Enthusiast Edition, WD Caviar Green, Corsair H70 w/ Push/Pull + shrouds and 2x Delta 150 CFM fans, HAF X Blue Edition, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I'm testing stability with Intel Burn Test at maximum memory usage, Prime95 8 threads, and Maxxmem2 benchmark. Any and all help you guys can offer is much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Nathan

Not really. Corsair specs 2T for pretty much everything unless noted.It all depends on the system and what you intend to do with it. Unless you are going for extreme benchmarks then you wont notice a hic. But it can make that big of a difference on stability.

Archived