Corsair Community

600T FP USB woes

Bearo

Hi all,

I recently setup a new rig, nicely tucked away inside my new Corsair 600T case. Setting up the case was easy and left the insides of my case tidy.

I noticed today that my front panel USB 2.0 ports don't all function. The two on the left handside (away from the fan controller) do, but the inner two do not. I've installed the drivers, checked the cables but am stumped... :confused:

any ideas?

B.

right.. i think i know what's happened here. You have mentioned the "two cables".. I assume you meant two USB 2.0 case cables. I only recall seeing one during my build. The other may have been tucked away (or possibly missing altogether). My motherboard only has one FPUSB header connector anyway, which is probably why I didn't find myself wondering what to do with a second wire..

If the rogue wire does indeed exist, is there any way of using it? My motherboard is an MSI P67-GD65-(B3).

Cheers.

B.

The pics on Newegg do not show me your MB in detail. If you, indeed, only have one USB header on your MB then you'll have to purchase a PCI USB card. You can find them on Newegg with any combo of 4 internal/external ports. Then you'll need the cable that adapts it from USB A to the USB header. You'll need two internal USB ports on the card, and two of the adapter cables. IE:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815201035&cm_re=pci_usb_3.0_card-_-15-201-035-_-Product

and

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-designed-motherboard-external-connector/dp/B000V6WD8A/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310478976&sr=1-3

EDIT: I use this USB3 card, and it works perfectly! Its tiny -- many the size of an iPhone.

couldn't find those on the UK amazon (as that's where i reside), but not to worry, the back panel of my motherboard has 10 USB ports (probably why they only gave room for one FP USB)

I can live it ;):

Archived