Corsair Community

H60 AMD Installation Question

Fruitloop

Hi

I recently purchased the H60 for my AMD Phenom II, is anyone able tell me how tight do I tighten the screws? I am a bit nervous of just tightening them all the way down with a screw driver, as it looks like they can screw down quite a lot, and the manual is not very descriptive, just shows a picture of the two screws and arrows pointing down.

I am worried I may tighten it too much and apply a lot of pressure/stress on the cpu and board.

Thanks

I had trouble installing mine when I 1st got it. What I recommend doing is tightening the screws as much as possible by hand, then maybe a full turn with a screw driver.

Mine was very tight to screw up but I didn't do it properly the first time and got over heating issued now I get 25c on a 6core AMD at idle

I think I know where the confusion was, the Intel bracket is kind of set in stone for how it fixes together but the AMD version use a clamp style. I found hand tightening was not enough and I had to put it together 3 times to make sure I got it right.

• 2 weeks later...

So,

Did you guys put the little springs in between the thub screws and the retention bracket? Are you supposed to?

I installed mine with the springs, but my temps are making me believe maybe they are getting in the way, and shouldn't be used like I am using them.

I lost my manual in my rush to unpack and install the unit, and for some reason I can't seem to find the manuals on corsairs webpage.

Thanks,

Matt

Archived