Corsair Community

H80 Replacement Fans?

amrod

The default fans seem somewhat loud... Does anyone got specs on what they are (how much air they move)

Would it be worth upgrading them to else?

I am looking at changing them to Noctua NF-P12-1300 120MM Ultra Quiet Cooling Fan

I did hear that the fan noise for the Hydro Series H80 and other series are loud.

@ Skydker, thanks for the specs on the fan. I saw the H80s at Micro Center selling for $89.00 or $99.99, if I can remember, but after reading some threads on New Egg about the noise they generates, I am hesitant on buying them.

Knowing this information, I may change my mind.

If you want the best balanced noise/performance, Scythe Gentle Typhoons (Ap-15) 1850rpm are the best fans. However, the problem is they are EXTREMELY hard to find as its sold out almost everywhere, and somewhat pricey $20-$24 per fan. Just look around ebay or any other computer component sites and you may get lucky. If you do some little research almost 99.9% of people will tell you these are the best fans you can find

I'm waiting on the H100 to become available and already purchased four LOGISYS Computer SF120 120mm Extreme Quiet Rubber Fans, I'm going to do video with just the fans running so people can hear the noise level on them, I should have the video out sometime tomorrow, I'll post back once I do.

Corsair knew that the noise levels of the fans were a big probblem for the past models, why they would ignore this fact and ship more loud fans with their newest models is beyond me, and the fact that they've now added profiles is silly no one is going to run their profile at the lowest setting anyway

You seen the new Scythe GT fans?

3000, 4250, 5400rpms :eek:

I thought of using these fans for the H100:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=203&products_id=30679

I have some of them now. These fans are very quiet

Or these:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_49&products_id=23806

I like how the blades are removable for easier cleaning.

The fans seem quiet but do they have the specs do they move enough air to be good replacements ?

I would say so, in my case I will have four on the H100 which should be a lot better then the two stock fans and the bonus being all four running will be quieter then the two stock fans running at the same RPM, I have the Logisys features under the description of the video but they are as follows.

Product Details

Overall Dimension - 120X120X26mm

Net Weight - 172g

Rated Voltage 12VDC

Starting Voltage - 7VDC

RPM - 500 ±200 - 1500 ±10%RPM (PWM)

Life Span - 65000~70000hrs

Power Input - 1.56

Max Air Flow - 70.5CFM

Noise - 17.6~27.8DB(A)

Bearing Type - Dual Ball Bearing

I would say so, in my case I will have four on the H100 which should be a lot better then the two stock fans and the bonus being all four running will be quieter then the two stock fans running at the same RPM, I have the Logisys features under the description of the video but they are as follows.

Product Details

Overall Dimension - 120X120X26mm

Net Weight - 172g

Rated Voltage 12VDC

Starting Voltage - 7VDC

RPM - 500 ±200 - 1500 ±10%RPM (PWM)

Life Span - 65000~70000hrs

Power Input - 1.56

Max Air Flow - 70.5CFM

Noise - 17.6~27.8DB(A)

Bearing Type - Dual Ball Bearing

Thanks for the reply .....where did you purchase them

Thanks for the reply .....where did you purchase them

No problem man, not sure if we are allowed to mention other sites and if so my apologies, so i will just say I got them here best price I could find and it's about half the price of everyone else, they arrived at my house in like four days so that was nice.

Newegg has them as well, and even though the price is higher they offer free shipping. The other places I looked at wanted $5-10 for shipping, so it ends up being the same.

You're looking at roughly $20-25 per fan, but it looks like these are well worth it.

Newegg has them as well, and even though the price is higher they offer free shipping. The other places I looked at wanted $5-10 for shipping, so it ends up being the same.

You're looking at roughly $20-25 per fan, but it looks like these are well worth it.

I bought four fans and my total price shipping included was $74.51, they charged me $6.55 for shipping, that ends up being $25 bucks cheaper then the egg this time around.

Egg free shipping for me ends up being 1-2 day from their TN warehouse. The equivalent quote from Directron was roughly $30 for shipping, or wait 4-5 days.

Depends on location and how fast you want 'em. If I was buying four I'd certainly wait the extra few days and save the difference. Only needing two, it was a toss-up and I'll have them tomorrow.

And thanks for bringing these fans to our attention, these look perfect for the H80/100s.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I need some info, i want to replace the loud corsair fans, to some more quiet ones, do u think these will work fine ?

Noiseblocker Multiframe MF12-S3HS 1800 rpm - 27db/a - air flow - 73 CFM

or

Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO PL-2 1400 rpm - 20 db/a - air flow - 56.5 CFM

It's funny... I had the H50 and set up a push-pull set-up. Wasn't keen on H50's stock fans, so I went with a pair of low noise N*ctua's. Set em up..and everything was fine. The temps were at 30-40 stock, or 49 under load. I don't OC my system, and those temps were usually in the summertime. Ambient temperatures can get pretty high, so I figured those 40-50c readings were acceptable, all things being equal. Well, now I am upgrading to the H80, and I don't think I will keep the stock fans it came with either. man, with all due respect, they sure crank out alot of noise! . Looking at my old Noctua, I wanted to check thier sepcifications again. Well, there are two different types of this fan, a FLX and a ULN version. The Etailer sent me the ULN, (ultra low noise) which only turn at 600 RPM's max! The FLX's turn at 1200. Mind you, they were super quiet, and did an acceptable job. So it's just a question of finding that sweet spot between cooling and noise.

That would be correct: RPM's is not the key measure you are looking for, but rather how much air those fans push. The fan I mentioned above (the ULN version) are not really well suited for this type of work. (Thier static pressure is only 0,44 mm H2O)

So if i read it all correctly, the below fan should be fine ?

Be quiet SilentWings USC 120mm

Dimensions (L x W x D, mm) 120 x 120 x 25

Speed @ 12V (rpm) 1500

Air flow @ 12V (CFM, m3/h) 50,5 / 85,8

Air pressure @ 12V(mm H2O) 2

Noise level @ 12V (dB(A)) 17.0

• Corsair Employees

The static pressure May be to low. However it may be the way its listed compared to other fans.

The airflow of our fans is listed as .63 mm H2O and they have this listed at 2 it would appear. So if its 2.0 then yes but if its actually .20 then no it may not work. I think I would check with them about this but other than that the spec seems good.

Edit: Actually the Data Sheet for the fan has more detail and reading that shows the Static Pressure at 1.63 so yes it should work great

Archived