Corsair Community

H70 pump/fan hookup on Asus P8P67 Pro

dbswisha

I currently have the 2 fans fed into the Y-splitter per Corsair directions. I have these fans plugged into the CPU_FAN 4 pin header on my motherboard. I have the pump plugged into the PWR_FAN header. With the pump plugged into the PWR_FAN header the fan runs at max all the time and is getting a bit annoying with the noise.

So can I plug the pump header into the available 3 pin header labeled CHA_FAN still leaving the fans plugged into the CPU_FAN header?

You want the pump to run at full tilt all the time. I have mine plugged into the powersupply with a molex adapter. I have my fans connected to the CPU_fan connector.

Then you could use Qfan or the bios fan control to control the fan.

You want the pump to run at full tilt all the time. I have mine plugged into the powersupply with a molex adapter. I have my fans connected to the CPU_fan connector.

Then you could use Qfan or the bios fan control to control the fan.

Sorry for noob question, but could you show me how it's plugged in with a molex adapter? I've heard it before but a little confused on how the header is plugged into the PSU.

So the way I have it now, with the pump plugged into PWR_FAN, is wrong? The instructions say to "connect pump power to any available 3-pin fan header on the motherboard", which is what the PWR_FAN is.

Hi,

I have the same mobo with a Push/Pull set-up on my h60. I plugged the pump into CPU fan, and then set up a custom profile in AI Suite to have cpu fan wide open all the time. Then I plugged my y cable into the chassis fan 1 (up by the radiator) and set up a profile for it (although the default profile will have it running cool and quiet until you max the load in something like prime95). This also allows you to have your wiring hidden on your fans for the most part.

!

I'm in AI suite now, CPU_FAN

I set it up so that at 32C the fan is running at 98%, 40c 98%, and 54c 98% basically trying to make it 100% as possible.

After I've made the changes though I don't see a change in fan speed, it's still at 1400 RPM -1430 RPM for CPU_FAN. Is that right?

The stock corsair fans are not variable, true you can reduce the voltage to them but they will only fall back in speed unreliably and that is not what you want.

The corsair fans run at 2000+/- rpm or you can fit the supplied resistor to run them at 1600+/- rpm.

The stock fans only have a 3 pin connector, the missing 4th pin is for variable control fans (PWM).

The fans should be connected to the CPU_Fan header and the Pump directly to a PSU or to a header you know is not adjustable, the pump MUST run at full speed, 1400+/-rpm all the time.

Now! to get what you want you have to swap out the corsair stock fans with fans that are PWM and have a 4 pin conector, you must get fans that have a high static pressure to push through the radiator, you can search the forums here for recommendations, I personally used 2 x CM Exalibur fans these are varialble from 600 to 2000 rpm.

Today right now! with an ambient of 18c both my fans are running at 948rpm and the CPU is at 34c [core1] 27c MB reading and as you would imagine no noise at all.

David

Archived